1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Payless Vs. EZ Rental?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by CruzingQuinn, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CruzingQuinn

CruzingQuinn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are the experiences you fine folks have had with either/both of these companies.

Been looking at a rental for my 4 night/5 day trip next month, and these two seem to be the cheapest deals for a mid-size car that I would need while there.

Was just wondering opinions of both of these companies, namely EZ as I've not heard of them before, but there are also at the same place that all the other car rental companies are at and was just curious about them...

What is a typical mid-size car that pops out of Payless (and EZ) if anyone knows?

Any help of course is always greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!:wave:

2. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We rented from Payless/WaitMore.......it was by far the cheapest in April.......but it was the ONLY company that had a line that didn't want to move.....They take a LONG time to try to talk people into more of their fees that you do NOT need.

MAKE sure you have proof of insurance or you will pay about $600 for a week of it....also just keep saying NO and DON'T get them to fill up the tank when you return....they LIE A LOT there.....including the price of fuel.

We had a compact car and it was almost new.....4k on it.

3. CruzingQuinn

CruzingQuinn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As the other poster said, the lines at payless are the longest in the rental facility.

Beware of additional fees! If your bill comes out to more than what was quoted when you made your reservation, check your statement. There are probably (unneeded) added charges. I rented from Payless in January, my bill was a good $40 higher. When I asked, the clerk said that online quote was just an "estimate" which is a totally bogus. When I later looked at the statement with a fine tooth comb I found that they added on a $4 daily "lockout" charge (along with higher taxes and fees) which is a total crock. You need to check your statement and contest any charges at the desk, you can't get any charges removed after you take posession of the car.

Other customers mentioned that when you ask about removing some added charges the clerk sometimes says that those charges are "required", which is a total sham. If you want to complain to a manager, there is none!

So while payless might have the cheapest rates online (next to fox and ez) their added charges sometimes make your rental the same as from the national chains.

As for cars, they only had 1 car in the size I requested so I didn't have much choice. Others also had to wait as payless didn't have the car size they requested, they were told to wait as their car was being "prepped". Unlike the national chains which will upgrade you to a higher car if yours isn't available, payless will make you wait until your car comes in. I was in line at 7 am in January, had to wait 45 minutes before I got to the front and wasn't out of the rental facility until about 8:15, total time an hour and 15 minutes to go through the rental process. Other car agencies never had a line the whole time I was there. Some people left (disgusted) for other agencies and were out the door before I even got to the front of the line.

If you rent from payless, make sure you have everything in order, valid license (not expired), car insurance card (they may hassle you if you don't show your card or it's expired), make sure you have a copy of your reservation to make sure the rates are the same.

EZ isn't as popular as the other rental agencies (including payless). While I saw customers there (being processed faster than payless) I'm not sure about the agency or the quality of cars or additional charges.

My recommendation: if the rental amount is only $10 to $40 higher (for a few days rental) I would rather go to the national chain, get better and faster service, have more car selection, the possibility of a free upgrade, and a better overall experience than going with payless. Unfortunately payless rates are a lot lower, sometimes 40% lower than the other agencies so it's hard not to rent from them.

5. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I worked for Avis for 10 years, you can get total adjusted after car is returned.

We rented from EZ last month, had a mid size and we got a Hyundai Elantra. I rented from Alamo last year and had a mid size and got a Hyundai Sonata.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  6. CruzingQuinn

CruzingQuinn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys!

I ended up going with EZ for a Mid-Size that came to $82 total for the trip.

I'll def state how it goes when we get there and get the car.

Thanks again!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.