1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Payless or Advantage?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by JPParty-man, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPParty-man

JPParty-man Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be in Vegas on April 9th til April 12 and decided to rent a car. I have 2 reservations right now. Advantage for $61.00 and Payless for $54.00 both for economy cars. I was hoping to get some reviews from you guys about these companies. One better than the other? Are these decent prices for a 3 day rental? Never rented a car in Vegas before.

2. DOUBLE B

DOUBLE B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have rented fron both--no hassel-no problem with either. Go by price!

3. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pay the extra $7 and go with Advantage.....never used them but I did rent a car with Payless-WaitMore....they beat you and everyone in front of you up trying to get the customer to pay more for insurance, gas, etc........only 6 people in front of us in line and we waited 1 hour...and there were 7 reps at the counter taking "Advantage" of their customers...LOL......If I had to do it over again I would pay a easy $25 more to stay away from PAYLESS-WAITMORE Car Rental.

4. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Assuming the prices you've quoted includes fees and taxes, then yes those are definitely on the low end. You can always make the reservation now and keep checking up to the day you arrive in case the prices drop further.

I've rented from both as well and both went well the first time. Second time with Advantage there was a customer service issue (there was only one person working the counter with four people in line, I left after 10 minutes when the line still hadn't moved). Advantage has changed owners since then so I don't know if their policies have changed ... I do know it's been harder to find deals for them since the change.

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have also rented from both. like others payless has historically had longer wait lines at their counter. Also, since payless is a small company they don't have a large selection of cars available, I noticed that some customers had to wait for their cars to return and be processed, it took over an hour wait for them to get their cars.

While advantage isn't a large company either they seem to have more car selections in your sizes. (payless seldom had more than 1 or 2 cars or less on the lot for each size, really not much selection).

Since your rental will be in april I would continue to look for lower prices (I use kayak to check), you may even find lower prices at the national chains one day. I would rather pay a little more and rent from the national chains since they have better selection of cars (pick and choose).

6. mjames1229

mjames1229 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Advantage has a promo code DC31133 that has given me the best rates I've found for my May trip. Try pricing it again using that promo code.

Super Bowl with my son
    2017 USBC Open Championships
  7. split10's?

split10's? Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you just saved me $9 on a 3 day res in April, thanks!!

I've been w/Advantage a few times, overall great service.

One time i did have an issue, but it was because some total idiot, likely hungover, put a half a tank of Ethanol into a non-flex fuel rental...and then told them he had!!! Ended up only costing him/me $200, but it was aggravating dealing with them...

[what a dumb mistake...:rolleyes2:]

8. JPParty-man

JPParty-man Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome. Thank you. For Advantage down to $56.xx total with the promo.

9. mjames1229

mjames1229 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're welcome, glad to pass along a tip.

Here are three others that I can offer...

(1) Always go to Retail Me Not when buying anything on line. I can't tell you how many promo codes that I've found there that have saved me money over the years. Retail Me Not is where I found this particular Advantage coupon code.

(2) I found this Hertz promo on accident. It is for a $14.99/weekend day airport rental, but on another trip I am taking to Vegas, the price is even lower. Hertz is NEVER the lowest price, but it is on my days with this code...

Discount/CDP/Club Code - 205521
    Promotional Coupon - (leave blank)
    Rate Code - XCT1​

(3) If you can get to an off-airport Enterprise location (and I understand that if you don't have a car, this is a Catch-22) but you can get weekends for $9.99/day (100 miles/day) in a couple of Las Vegas locations. No promo code if you follow the link.

Super Bowl with my son
    2017 USBC Open Championships
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.