1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Payless car rental

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by shamrock77, Sep 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shamrock77

shamrock77 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are thinking of renting from Payless, is there anything we should be aware of? Never rented from them before. Thank you

2. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure the two issues you may have with payless are that it takes more time to get your car, and it may not be as nice and new as what you'd get at one of the bigger name agencies.

3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you do a search of payless on this site I'm sure you will find some comments about the rental agency.

here are some that I posted:

http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79308

http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74739

While they have some of the lower rates (next to fox) I would recommend renting from the national chains if possible. Service and car availability aren't their strong points.

actually if you keep checking back regularly you may find that rates go down for the national chains (depending on when you will be there).

4. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in April we rented from them and they were by FAR the cheapest....but also the SLOWEST to serve us and it's planned that way......

We only had about 5 people in front of us in line....but there were 6 stations open to take car of people....we waited and we waited and we waited....finally we were next....and after another 15 minutes of just standing there we heard rumors that they ran out of cars.....so I yelled out while in the front of the line if they are out of cars I can go to one of the other car rental agencies that are in that building, as I can see NO LINES at any of them....so they finally took us.......the Payless Rep told me they had enough cars but they were in a big car wash that holds over 100 cars and the car wash broke...I must of had on a stupid shirt on for him to tell me that.......

Bottom line is they are trying to force people to buy all their extra things from insurance to pre-paid gasoline.........DON'T buy anything and make sure you have a copy of your insurance card with you.

5. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is the bottom line for me. For a few bucks more, I will go with Dollar or Alamo to avoid the check in line. However, when the price is substantially more, I will go with Payless.

The lines aren't always long. My last few rentals have been pretty quick with Payless. I usually rent weekdays.

For an example, I am renting for 3 days with Payless in November in Vegas for $65. Budget, Dollar, Thrifty are $140. Enterprise is $160. Alamo, National, and Avis are $225, and Hertz is $250. This is way more than Payless.

Just know what you reserved the price for online, and decide ahead of time if you are going to let them talk you into insurance, gas fill up, navigation, etc.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.