1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Payless car rental ?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by MGinCO, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MGinCO

MGinCO Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually book Dollar or Hertz, but Thanksgiving rates are way too high for my liking.

I was able to book Payless Intermediate for $85 total via rentalcars.com (4 nights)

Never used them before.

Any advice??

2. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With Payless just make sure you don't deviate from your check-out and check-in times. We rented with them the last time and our flight was early and this allowed us to arrive thirty minutes earlier than we had planned. We went to the rental counter and the agent told us we would have to wait until the exact time of our original rental period or would have to start the entire rental process over at a much higher rate. I said that by the time we completed the paperwork and got to the car the thirty minutes would have elapsed and she refused to start the check-in. We were also told not to bring back the car early or there would be an additional charge.

Never had either of these issues with any other company that we've rented with.

This being said...the $85 looks like a good price.

3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best if you do searches for payless on this site. There has been many comments made on payless.

Payless usually has some of the lower rental rates in vegas but be forewarned the lines at the counter can be long and you may have to wait awhile to be processed. There is no "fast pass" type of operation so you have to go through the counter to be processed. There is more of a "hard" sell with extras and sometimes they tack on the extras and tell you that they are mandatory (and the manager is unavailable). You need to check your bill (if it doesn't match your reservation quote) because they probably added an extra fee to your bill.

They have a limited supply of cars (no selection at all) so you may have to wait until your rental is returned by the prior renters.

There have been some horror stories and some good stories. I have rented from them numerous times with little trouble (except for the tacked on charges, I usually ask them to remove them and only once I was hassled). One recommendation would be to make a backup reservation elsewhere just in case (I know that some people don't think that's too cool but best to play it safe IMHO). Then if you have problems then you have a car reserved elsewhere.

Keep checking daily, hopefully prices will come down so you can get your rental from your regular agencies.

If the bill is only a few dollars a day more I would probably go with the big national chains but because the bill is usually a lot more I sometimes take a chance with Payless.

4. MGinCO

MGinCO Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alas, Dollar is almost $50 more, for the same time frame.
    Everything else, is even more.

I will keep checking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.