1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Paylays question

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by ttime118, Mar 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasMan15

VegasMan15 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm new the sports betting game but i want to try to bet some NBA games when I'm in town (march 20th-23rd)

When I parlay some games can it be just on who is going to win, or does it have to be with a spread?

Thanks

2. grapplefu

grapplefu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you just want to do a parlay on who's going to win, you have to bet using the "money line".

3. Jerry Snuggit

Jerry Snuggit Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The sports books will have pre-printed parlay cards, each color will have slightly different rules (point spread, teasers, ties win, NBA + NCAA, etc). These are NOT what you want. Look up at the boards and find the numbers for the teams you like, go to the window and ask for an $____ dollar money-line parlay on numbers x, y and z. You can do 2 teams or more. Try to go when the window isn't busy so you aren't in a rush and can confirm the team names. Check your ticket before leaving the window!!

4. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And if the team you like to win is the favorite- you need to risk more (say $150 to make $100) Conversly if bet an underdog $100 may return a lot more than taking the points and they were not needed at all..Every parlay's odds and payout are calculated by this..If you can find a couple underdogs to parlay and they both win it's a nice score..

But you can take one team moneyline in a parlay and the other team giving or getting points.and even throw in the total points on a game for a 3 team parlay..does not have to be seperate teams also...Once you get in the book it will all become clearer after a trip to the window..Best wishes!!!

5. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup...money line parlay's off the board.

Palace Tower Suite!
  6. VegasMan15

VegasMan15 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When betting..I have been seeing march madness tickets pictures online and at the top is says "straight bet"....what does that mean?

7. Rush

Rush High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just one simple bet. Cover the spread and win. Don't cover, and lose.

8. CALELLA

CALELLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you explain what "the money line" means. I'm a UK gambler and the US betting terms absolutely lose me.

9. h0und10

h0und10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    moneyline just means straight up team to win. so no point spreads or covers or anything...

10. VegasMan15

VegasMan15 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the answers!! Excited for my trip on Sunday!

11. CALELLA

CALELLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah right, so if I wanted to bet a team on the money line and they were showing as -110 does that mean if I bet $110 I would get back $100 plus my stake?

12. Jerry Snuggit

Jerry Snuggit Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, although it is rare for a money line to be at -110, usually only when the teams are evenly matched (i.e. zero point spread). Normally one team is minus, that's the favored team, and one is plus, that's the underdog.

-200 means you need to bet $200 to win $100 (plus get your original 200 back). +170 means if you bet $100, you'll win $170 (plus your original $100 back). And of course, when you bet money lines, there is no spread, only the actual winner of the game. So if Los Angeles is a 6-point underdog and they lose 120-119, they covered the spread but the money line bet would still lose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.