1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pastries, Macaroons, & Crepes!

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by vegas4pools, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems like just about every hotel has at least a couple of bakeries, patisseries, or even a pop up kiosk or two in the lobby or walkways selling these French desserts. I can walk the strip and pretty much try one of each of the small pastries. So are these pretty much all the same? Are they usually prepared in the hotel by trained pastry chefs?! Do the ingredients come from a central food supplier? Are they just delivered all prepared? What about the crepe batter? They pretty much all taste the same to me. I just want to know where my eclair came from!!!
    I thought about this on our last visit there, but didnt want to ask any one official meaning to offend anyone. I'm certain the chocolate soufflé I had at Eiffel Tower Restaurant was not the same I can get in the hotels anchored establishments.

2. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ::bump::

I guess same goes for all other food from the standard hotel restaurants. Food must come from the same supplier. The omellete and hash from Cafe Ile Saint Louis in Paris has got to be the same served at Le Provençal right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.