1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Paris Sept 25th 4 nights

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by shokhead, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead I'm no big spender!

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

So a good flight from LB airport. Landed at 10:05 and was at Paris by shuttle about 11:30. Get to a check in booth and give her my name and lay out CC and DL. Oddly she starts asking about non or smoking, kind of bed. We have what we want on recorded so we don't go through that crap. So she says what we want isn't ready. Oh, a suite is for $160 a day. No!. Some more typing. Well a Jr Suite for $90 a day is ready. No! Well your rom isn't.{King, non smoking} We have a 2 Queens smoking ready. No, we don't want that. OK, then come back in a few hours. Doesn't take are cc or dl info or anything. So we come back at 2pm and get a different person. She types and say no smoking and a king, right? Yes, that's right. Not ready. She called and asks to get out room cleaned. Tales out CC and DL info and says come back around 4pm and just get your keys. So we try at 3:30 and we get our keys. Now that's over so we figure to just eat there so why not try BLT. 7pm reserve. Get there 15 min early. Everyone is very nice. Not ready but in can wait at the bar and we'll call you and HH still till 7. So it's half price. Cool! She gets a glass of Nape wine and I get a Grey Goose and tonic. Half off, cool. $24.85. OK, my last drink of the night. Short is steak was good and night size, service was pretty fast. Ordered a baked potato and when they don't ask what you want on it they bring small cups with all the different stuff. Got that but no butter. Ask for some and told use what was for the bread and we'll bring more if needed. Odd. My wife's some kind of cream potato in a bowl. She said it was cool and tasted like it was from a can. Some hot girl walking around each table asking how great everything was asked us and I told her about the butter and my wife told her about the potato's. She looked puzzled and said she would talk to the cook. Never saw her again but the potato were taken off the bill. All in all it was ok butt to compare not as good as a Ruth C so no reason to go back with so many better steak places.

Was just there last Oct and some things have changed. Used to be when I get up early and go down I'd just hit a bar for coffee instead of standing in line at a coffee place. It's always been at Paris and Ballys $3 and tax. I'd give a five and keep a buck and leave the rest. Now for the same it's $4.56. Now I just leave the change from the five.

Crowds were light to med most the time at PH, Paris, Bally's, CP, flamingo and was pretty light at Cromwell. Oh, went to margaritaville for breakfast as we like the sitting about the strip wirh breakfast in the morning. NO MORE BEAKFAST THERE. We didn't know that changer. When that happen?

Used our My Vegas round trip monorail pass to MGM and walked and tram to M Bay to check out the cars at B Jackson. Very cool and fun. Used another 2for1 My Vegas coupon at a bar in MGM close to the monorail station. Worked out great!

Had great Mexican at PH Yolo's. Good food and good service. Happy as always. That's why we go back.

Of course we ate at Joe's seafood and prime steak. Short answer is the best at everything. God it was good!

Last night there we did Beijing Noodle No. 9 with my daughter and boyfriend. Very good and we all loved it. Service was a bit slow but not to big of a deal. Took advice from our server about the size of what we ordered and sharing and it was perfect.

Morning we left we did Aria breakfast buffet via My Vegas coupon. Was ok. 20 bucks was about right for that one.

As far as gambling the slots were the slots. Was up and down the whole time. My wife was some back our last night and the morning we left, about $400. I ended up down 1K for 4 nights but won $130 twice at the airport.
    Midnight eclipse slot machine was what I did best on in Vegas and that's what I won on at the airport so there ya go.

All in all 4 nights were just right and fun.
    Oh, breakfast at Bally's café and flamingo café and Paris café was all as it always is, ok breakfast.

Here we go again!
  2. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know about BLT - thanks

Last trip as a non-parent...
  3. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paris is really hit and miss depending on who you get at Reception; I've been upgraded to Concierge level with access to the Lounge with food and drinks comped and I've been put in a disgusting old room and moved out of it to a Red Room only after the Housekeeping Supervisor reported to the front desk that the room was in fact dirty. No vacuum had come near to the baseboards or behind any piece of furniture in years. Will only stay there now if I have confirmation for Red Room strip view comped.

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good summary! Sucks you got off to a rough start though.

5. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Red Room strip view comped is what I asked for and they were having a problem with the view part. We can get you that view but you'll have loud music till 3am and you don't want that do you? I said screw the view, just get me the room with no music.
    BTW, it wasn't busy. The longest wait in line was less then 5 min in the plat line. Thinking of CP next stay.

Here we go again!
  6. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately Margaritaville breakfast disappeared around last November. Daughter & I went in December to have it and they no longer offered it. Also totally changed the menu & no fajitas anymore (always went for those). This caused one trip with absolutely no visit to Margaritaville & another just for a burger. It really affected my stops at the place. Also last 2 times I went the balcony over the strip was not open.

7. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wonder why? We ended up eating breakfast at the Flam café which was basic ok.

Here we go again!
  8. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.