1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Paris 10/3-10/7

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Steve in RI., Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Sep 25, 2002
    Rhode Island
    Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I just got home from a relaxing 4 night stay at Paris with my wife Lynn for our anniversary. This was my second trip this year, but Lynn's first in 4 years.

Flew from Providence via Cleveland. All flights were full. The 50 seater planes were cramped, but the 737's between CLE- LAS had Direc Tv, so I was able to watch a football game coming in. Nice! On the red eye there wasn't much on, and wasn't really worth the 6 bucks. All flights were on time.

Arrived at Paris around 3 PM Sunday to a very long check in line. We had 5 nights comped in a regular room. Tried to get a free upgrade, but they didn't have any available (supposedly) When told no regular rooms were available, we upgraded to a Red Room for 40 dollars per night. Not sure if it was worth it, but I didn't want to waste any more time in line after flying all day. The room overlooked PH, the airport and some of MGM. Not a great view, and the windows were kind of dirty, but we didn't want to pay even more for a strip view. The room was very comfortable, and the A/C kept things very cool throughout the stay.

Ate at The Flame Steakhouse at El Cortez Sunday Night. Had a great steak, and the server was very nice. Breakfast at Mon am Gabi (?) was good as well. We did the buffet of buffet deal from Monday- Tuesday. Monday night it was Rio, followed by Paris for breakfast, Flamingo for lunch, and PH for Tuesday dinner. We found it to be a very good deal as some of the dinner buffet's are almost 30 dollars alone. For our anniversary, we ate at Fiamma at MGM Grand. The meal and service was good, but the bill was 100 dollars for two entrees, and one split appetizer and dessert with no alcoholic drinks. Portions were not that big, but the service and atmosphere was good. The only forgettable meal was dinner at St. Louis Cafe at Paris one night.

KA- I was most looking forward to this show, especially when we were only 6 rows from the stage! Unfortunantly, I found it average at best. After seeing Love, O, and Mystere, it was my least favorite of the bunch. It took a long time to get interesting.

Popovich Comedy Pet Theather- Wasn't expecting much from this afternoon show, but turned out to be very enjoyable, as we are both pet lovers. Using a 2 for 1 in the Las Vegas Advisor made it a great deal!

Legends in Concert- We both really enjoyed this one. The Michael Jackson impersonator was particularly good! The only thing I didn't like was the cramped seating in the Harrahs theather. This is one show that its well worth to upgrade to VIP seating.

Penn and Teller- What a big dissapointment! They almost put me to sleep! Good thing I did not pay full price to see this show. I was in the mezzanine section, and many of their tricks were hard to pick up from this vantage point.

Of my four previous trips, this was the only one where I did not come out ahead, as did Lynn. There were a few nice payouts on the slots and video poker, but nothing of signifigance. My only tables session at El Cortez was also a dud at both BJ and craps.

I'm not sure when my next trip to LV will be, as I will probably save up to go on a cruise next year.
  2. sailor53

sailor53 Tourist

Jan 18, 2006
    Pensacola, FL
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gambling losses seem to be the trend these days. I'm headed out in 2 weeks for 6 nights at Orleans/Rio. Hope I fare better! Enjoyed the read and thanks for posting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.