1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Panda @ Palazzo

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by tatterdema, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not much said here about this show, so I will throw in my 2 cents. Saw it this weekend, and left very confused. First, if you are thinking of going, purchase the cheapest tickets you can find. They will move you forward. I paid about $50 for a Groupon, and was moved to about the center of the theatre.

I have to say it was one of the weirdest shows I have ever seen. The scenery, lighting, sound, etc was top notch. Fantastic I would almost say. Most of the costumes were beautiful. The downfall is in the story, and the Panda outfits. The Panda suits look like they were purchased from the Goodwill. The story line was almost impossible to follow, so I finally gave up and just went with the flow. Some of the acts were good, others were very poor. The monkey skit was funny and fun.

All in all, I would say it is worth the $50, just for the scenery and lighting. I definately would not pay more than that. I left shaking my head, wondering what I had just witnessed. I doubt it will last long, as the theatre was only about 1/4 full.

2. Icedgenes

Icedgenes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the review. I wondered about seeing this and thought maybe it was for kids. Would be nice to have another choice but it sounds like this one needs work to be a success.

3. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Poor LV Sands. It seems they'll never get back to the glory that was Jersey Boys, Phantom, and Blue Man Group in one place. Whatever Sands did that caused all three to leave in the span of less than a year, I bet they regret it now.

Yes, they have Rock of Ages and Human Nature now. They're both great shows, but they're both heavily discounted and attendance seems to be low. They traded three top-tier shows for two B (maybe high B for Human Nature) level shows plus this weird Panda acrobat thing.

What they needed to do was to get Book of Mormon instead of Rock of Ages. They should have also offered Boyz II Men to move to a custom show room designed just for them.

Then they would have had Book of Mormon, Human Nature, and headliners Boyz II Men. Something for every age group, with a bunch of overlap in the 21-35 category.

4. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the review.

For some reason, I'm like to fly to crap when it comes to shows that are likely to fail soon - especially if they do so because people can't figure it out - so I think I'll definitely try to check it out the next time I'm staying on the Strip.

5. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol, that is me. I passed on many of the other shows I wanted to see because I had read reviews that intrigued me, but it sounded like it was bound to fail soon. I am glad I saw it, just for the weird factor.

6. Steelers7

Steelers7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well when the story line is about a panda bear marrying a peacock you know its gotta be a little weird, lol. We actually will see it next weekend...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.