1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Panda at Palazzo

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by bryinmi, Nov 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bryinmi

bryinmi Low-Roller

Feb 21, 2010
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't heard of this before until today. Anybody know anything else about it? This is all I can find.

The Palazzo had us at “pandas and kung fu.”

The Palazzo Las Vegas will debut a new resident show in Dec. 2013, “Panda.” (Of course, they’re promoting the show’s name in all caps, with an exclamation point, but stylistic affectations don’t play in this Las Vegas blog.)

“Panda” is described as “the first-ever Chinese-produced show to take up a Las Vegas residency,” and “promises to dazzle the senses by combining high-flying acrobatics, kung fu mastery, music, and dance, transporting audiences to a realm of Far Eastern folklore.”

Oh, and pandas.

2. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Mar 22, 2012
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Jul 29, 2011
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was excited until it started to sound like CDS (cirque).

There was a show called Matsuri that was a bit of a poor man's CDS. While it was far more enjoyable than CDS (although the production was greatly lacking in comparison), I am just not that into this genre of shows.

I love plays and only a little bit of dance. I would love to watch different types of Chinese dance. And folklore sounds to me like a storyline of some sort. But all the acrobatics and stuff....snore. Just not for me.

I will probably still go to watch it anyway just because...that's me.

EDIT: I purchased the ticket.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.