1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Palms Buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Bloodsucker101, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bloodsucker101

Bloodsucker101 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need some advice, if anyone would know an answer to this question it would be this message board.
    Heard some reviews that the Buffet at the Palms is not up to par, is that true? We like the Buffet at Harrah's, is it anywhere as good as Harrah's? If we don't use our coupon from LVA for the buffet, at what eatery at the Palms would you recommend, I also read the message that one of the resturants is closing. Don't know much about the Palms this will be our first time there.
    thanks for the help

2. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd like to know myself. It's certainly cheap enough.

3. OK Pabst

OK Pabst Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed at the Gold Coast about 2 years ago and walked over to the Bistro for a breakfast buffet. Price was right and food was fresh. More variety than some buffets. But that was 2 plus years ago, some things can change overnight.

4. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

on a trip in late may, stayed solo at palms for three days before family flew in and we stayed at ti.

i stayed there because of some free rooms and its proximity to rio and the world series of poker.

ate at the buffet three or four times, with palms card it was half price in may, so breakfast and lunch were about 6 and 8 bucks. paid so little, did not feel i had to "get my money's worth", so actually behaved.

it is about equivalalent to harrahs buffet, in my opinion, except i really like the cappucino machine at harrahs. the only bad item i can recall was the korean short ribs, they could cause dental problems if you tried a second time to eat them. service is ok, it met expectations.

the restaurant that is closing is garduno's, and my experience there told me that the employees might be the reason, and they are already acting like they are out of work.

there is a coffee shop there, plus n9ne, nove italiano up the tower.

if you are there and want to use the coupon, i think the buffet would probably be the way to go.

5. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

For the price, the Palms has always been one of my Vegas favorite buffets because: a.) there was a good quality, moist fish (forget the name) when I there for lunch last time; b.) its lebanese section; c.) the smallness of it which allows for better care of the line products; d.) it has the ype of foods that appeal to my particular tastes as opposed to generic type buffets; e.) and of course, value.

6. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've gone to the "Champagne" Brunch at the Bistro Buffet at Palms several times and it's been really good. Our waiter brought champagne and mimosas faster than we could drink them.:eek:

7. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We like the Palms Bistro buffet. There is some good and different choices of foods. Last time we were there they had lovely whole salmon that very popular. It's quite small in comparison to Harrah's, and the staff always seem pleasant. Our last visit was mid May 2012.

First trip of 2017.
  8. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ive only done breakfast.but for the price its great and an omlet station.its not the wynn but your not paying 30 $

9. BigSully

BigSully Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gardunos

Gardunos at the Palms has the best margarita buffet on Sundays!!!

10. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd love to go but heard it was closing at the end of July. Anyone know?

11. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's definitely closing. Not certain of the date though.

First trip of 2017.
  12. Nevada Kid

Nevada Kid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't been in a long time, but used to be really bad. Nowhere near as good as Harrah's IMHO. That being said has been 10 years since I tried it, but there is a goos reason for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.