1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

P.J. Clarke's Happy Hour Review

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by nubia11, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We landed at P.J. Clarke's for happy hour during a recent trip and, my my, was it a fine experience.

The restaurant is located on the first level of the Forum Shops at Caesar's, adjacent to the spiral escalator. The place itself has a pretty casual feel to it, dark woods, open oyster bar, very cozy and comfortable.

On our visit, the place was pretty slow. We chose to sit at the bar and were pleasantly welcomed by both bartenders. They informed us right away that it was happy hour, which runs from 2:45pm - 6:00pm and includes $1 oysters, $3 domestic draws and 2 for 1 specialty cocktails. I wasn't in the mood for beer so I asked the bartender to make me something sassy. The result was an amazing Sazerac. My DH ordered a Lagunitas IPA and, yes, this does count as a domestic. So tasty. I will note that the beer mugs are kind of squatty but, its a 12oz pour so, unless you're drinking PBR, the HH beer deal is pretty reasonable by Las Vegas standards.

For sustenance, we ordered a half dozen of the evening's happy hour variety oysters which, I believe were Skookums (Puget Sound). Per the bartender, they basically choose one of the varieties of oysters offered each night as the happy hour offering so, your mileage may vary. We also ordered the tuna tartare tacos. Verdict on the food? The oysters were freshly shucked, served with all of the appropriate accoutrements and extremely tasty. The tacos? Meh. They were adorable but, didn't really have much flavor.

Overall, I highly recommend P.J. Clarke's happy hour if you are an oyster and beer fan. Service was great and the oysters and beverages were delicious.

2. Sam D

Sam D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the same favorable experience there this past summer. The oysters were tasty but some were awfully small. I liked the presentation with the different sauces accompanying the oysters. I ordered 6 and then re-ordered another 6.

3. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked this place out on my recent trip after seeing your post. I must say the oysters were actually good (nowhere near as good at the oyster bar at palace station... but for a buck a piece I cant complain.)

Service was a little on the slow side but it was cheap and good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.