1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Oyster Bar at Palace Station

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by news423, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. news423

news423 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been three years since my last visit, so I'm hoping to get some feedback from those who have been there more recently.

The last time, the Combo Pan Roast was a solid choice. I'm bringing a friend there for the first time and he's looking forward to it as well.

We went around 9 a.m. on a Sunday and it was pretty dead, as I've heard of the legendary waits at this 'first come first serve' place. Will probably try the same strategy this time.

Anyway ... any 'must try's' on the menu this time around? Plus, it it REALLY still worth a visit?

2. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a big fan of the pan roast as well. If there is a super long wait and don't mind taking a small road trip to Henderson and have a car, they also have a larger location at Sunset Station that usually doesn't have much of a wait.

3. schwaiguy

schwaiguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow!!!!! You just really made my day!!!!!!!! I've been trying to go here for years, but have a low bs tolerance!!!!!!

schwaiguy

4. pleepleus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL. I'm glad I was able to make someone happy today. The only downsides are that it is not open 24 hours like its Palace Station counterpart and it is a 9 mile trek from the strip. Also, if you end up going to the PS location, ask for Bob if you like it spicy. He will blow your mouth up if you get anything higher than level 7.

5. schwaiguy

schwaiguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the inside advice.

And, don't worry--I'll go to Settebello first, so I'll be in the area!

6. news423

news423 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like spicy, but will probably get around a 5 like last time. Great tip, pleepleus, on Sunset; appreciate that. Will probably hit Palace, though, either that Sunday morning of Madness or Monday morning.

I love the smell of Combo Pan Roast in the morning.

7. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK pleepleus lets go for oyster with VegasChic

8. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

HAHAHA.....I can promise it would be an unforgettable meal for everyone......just maybe not a pleasant one!!!! Sea Bass anyone??????

9. pleepleus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let's just stick to Milo's then... haha.

10. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually get the combo pan roast. But yeah anything over a level 7 heat is brutal. I like spicy food but I was sweating with a level 8 and paid for it that night.
    The combo gumbo is pretty solid as well, but still choose the pan roast (I like the tomato and cream sauce better).
    If you like raw oysters, their oysters on the half shell are really good -- mild, sweet. They oysters were huge though-- none of those quarter sized oysters there... most of them were at least silver dollar sized or bigger. Don't go crazy ordering too many oysters b/c you probably wont be able to finish your meal. We made the mistake last time of ordering 1 dozen oysters each, then we couldn't finish our meals. I would start off with a dozen for the 2 of you can always order more afterwards.
    I always order the 50 oz draft beers too. You used to be able to take the glass with you but the last time they said we couldn't.
    I just took a look at the website and it looks like the prices went up a little bit since my last trip out there.

11. pleepleus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a big fan of the oysters there since I like smaller ones like kushi. hama hama, and kumamotos. I'll get the jambalaya, claw chowder, or the pan roast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.