1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Oxtail on the Strip?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by VegasLover8, Aug 29, 2016.

1. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 Low-Roller

Any restaurants on the strip that regularly have oxtail on their menu? Preferably not as a soup.

I usually stay downtown but not this time. I always get the oxtail stew that is served as a special on Fridays at the Cal. I sometimes get the oxtail soup they serve in the middle of the night. But I prefer oxtail in a stew or curry.

My favorite oxtail dish was the oxtail curry at Island Sushi restaurant that use to be at the Plaza. But unfortunately that restaurant is no longer there. Not sure what replaced it if anything.

• Like Like x 1
  2. vsop

vsop Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had braised ox-tails at the lunch buffet at Mandalay Bay (very tender and flavorful)...also, (off Strip) at The Orleans' coffee shop...served as a soup, w/ cup of rice...

3. harveyd63

harveyd63 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. harveyd63

harveyd63 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heard its across from the Stratosphere
    M&M Soul Food #2
    2211 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
    Las Vegas, NV 89105
    Sun-Thurs 8am-9pm • Fri & Sat 8am-10pm

??????
  5. blue808

blue808 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Portofino at The Mirage offers an oxtail lasagna... haven't tried it yet, but it's on our radar for our December visit...
    https://www.mirage.com/en/restaurants/portofino.html

Also, while Island Sushi closed the Downtown location, the original location is still up and running...
    http://www.islandsushiandgrill.com/
    Looks like they only offer oxtail soup although you could always call and check for specials... I don't know how far from the Strip their location is, but it looks like they offer delivery service...

Good luck..!!!

6. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 Low-Roller

Thanks for all the replies.

Very interesting that Mandalay had it on their buffet - probably hit or miss and not a regular item. Would love to find a buffet that has oxtail regularly.

Though the lasagna sounds interesting and I'm sure tasty, I prefer to eat it on (off?) the bone.

Not sure if I want to make a special trip to the Strat area. But I will probably make one to downtown to the Cal to get my fix. It's a great deal for $9. Plus I can get in some good VP while I'm downtown and keep all my players cards active.

7. kboltwkreations

kboltwkreations Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Serrano @ Aria