1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Overwhelmed! Pre-theater dining

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by BlueSkadoo, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Everyone! I'm trying to plan the last meal left for my itinerary for my trip in three weeks. I'm going with my best buddy and we have planned everything except our meal before going to see Absinthe. You guys know I'm not picky and love good food. My friend, however, is. Shellfish allergy as well as a tree nut allergy limits us to no seafood restaurants, and no Italian. (There was a reaction once to a pesto-infused crust, so Italian is forever forbidden.) We are already eating at Prime, the Bacchanal Buffet, and some place at Wynn. My friend also doesn't like french food (No Robuchon...sigh) and prefers things that are prepared clean and simple. We looked at Sage, but weren't sold on the menu. We also are considering Aureole and Charlie Palmer steak, but I don't want to get too much steak since we're already having it the night before. Any good pre-theater menus I'm overlooking? It's my first show in Vegas, so I'm going into uncharted territories!

2. CenterfieldNine

CenterfieldNine Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am by no means a foodie with an over-abundance of Vegas experiences, but I very much enjoyed the pre-theater menu at Michael Mina in Bellagio. Had it in July, delicious and decent choices in each course.

My personal favorite was the Sesame oil with Ahi Tuna Tartare... yum.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sage is good stuff IMO. we loved it and will be going back next week before we see Zarkana.

4. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure Prime still serves lobster and other shellfish, along with huge seafood towers. What exactly is the difference for her that she can eat at Prime, but not seafood restaurants which also serve steak?

5. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The answer I always get is that there's more "temptation" at the seafood places and my friend LOVED seafood before the allergy developed. It just started like...gosh...maybe a year and a half ago, so there's still some mouring for the loss of shellfish. (We grew up in Louisiana, and not being able to eat crawfish is just awful.) My friend is so fanatical at this point that seafood can't be on the table even. I ordered french toast with pecans once and you would've thought I had ordered kryptonite! I try to respect that with the hopes that after this has gone on a while, things will calm down and we can eat whereever without worry.

6. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Blue, that must be awful trying to adjust to a new food allergy as an adult - when you already love those foods :(

7. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aureole was fantastic when my sister and I ate there a few weeks ago. Best meal we had on that trip. Word of warning though: if your friend looks at the menu, he won't think French food, but I think everything we ate was pretty obviously inspired by french cooking (although, to some extent, I think most fine food is that way). So let him see the menu and if he doesn't object, go for it!

8. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i've got a couple food allergies and they suck because they're food that i used to love. but i would never consider insisting that other people not eat them in front of me just because i used to like them. that's pretty ridiculous TBH. a year and a half is a long time to be off something. maybe i can understand mourning for a few weeks, but 1.5 years is not mourning, that's just whining.

9. queuetee

queuetee High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

That was my first thought--- no fish, no nuts, no Italian (as far as the pesto, a) everybody knows that pesto has a pine nut component b) if you don't know, either ask or don't order what you are ignorant about) , no French. Jeez!! Your companion should be thrilled to have a friend like you giving in to his/her whims

10. DRich2

DRich2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Re-consider Sage. Varied food items and most are wonderful. The veal cheeks are incredible and hard to describe. It just melts in your mouth.

11. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

I also suggest reconsidering Sage. Given your limitations. It's really a good fit. Excellent eats too. Maybe give 'em a call and see if the menu has changed any.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.