1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Our restaurant choices

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Solymar, Sep 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solymar

Solymar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After a couple of changes, these are the restaurants I've chosen for my wife and I for our 4 nights.

Wed- Comme Ca at the Cosmo

Thurs- Olives at Bellagio

Fri- Stack at Mirage, before seeing "Love"

Sat- N9ne at the Palms, with a couple of other friends

What do think of these choices? Any you would avoid or switch with something else? What are the best dishes at these restaurants? Any comments appreciated.

2. RPMCanes

RPMCanes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depending upon what your budget is, I would go to Prime at Bellagio instead of Olives. Prime Steakhouse has been the best dining experience of my life.

3. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How does Prime compare in cost to Piccaso?
    We did Piccaso last year for Valentines day (that may have been the thing that did it) with paired wines and it was the MOST expensive meal of my life.
    We did Paired wines....not a bottle of wine.
    I though the food was great and the service was great they even gave me a box of chocolates on the way out. Maybe the awe factor is gone for me at a fancy restaurant as I get older and have been to many of these types of places, but it just seemed that $750 for dinner and tip was nuts for the two of us.
    I want to goto prime, but I don't want to repeat the price tag of Piccaso.
    How does it compare to say...Delmonico Steakhouse?

4. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I'm trying to figure out how you spent 750 dollars for 2 at Picasso. The full tasting menu is 125 per person and the wine pairing is 68 per person. That's a total of 386. If we assume a 30% increase for tax and a very good tip, the total bill is 501.80. I guess there was a special Valentines day menu? They tend to really jack up the price for those.

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they will do a premium wine pairing that's more expensive and they have supplements to the 125 dinner charge if you want the lobster or such. plus you could start with some pre-dinner cocktails. still 750 seems a bit high, but it's possible.

anyway since Prime isn't a prix fixe menu, it's only as expensive as you make it. you could order wine by the glass, an appetizer to share, 2 of the less expensive steaks and be out of there for $150-200 including tip. but you could also do it up and make it very expensive.

6. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you are doing something else at Palms I would skip Nine in favour of Craftsteak, SW or Carnevino. All superior to Nine in my opinion

7. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

And I disagree. I like N9NE better than all three mentioned.

Of the four, I have not been to Olives. The others are solid. Though, Stack and N9NE are very similar - so maybe seek a replacement for variety sake. I like them both, Stack is been a long time favorite and I recently tried N9NE for the first time.

Comme Ca I recently had the bone marrow, which I'd skip and the tarte flambe, steamed mussels - both very good and the risotto skip that too.

At Stack, if you've never done it try the hot rocks. The bone in steaks are great, and I recommend the lamb shank.

N9NE's colorado lamb is fantastic. The steaks are good too. Love the hot potato appetizer and the carpaccio starter.

8. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    N9ne will strike you differently depending on how you deal with the room itself. It's a loud, open space. At one point one of the waitresses was demonstrating in a bet that she could do one handed pushups (it was impressive, for sure, but a little off of what I'm used to at dinner.) They had very good calimari. The macaroni and cheese side was really good too. The steaks were comparable in both price and quality to other high end vegas steakhouses.

But it's also at the Palms, which is just way out of the way unless you are going there anyway...I was.

The bill for two of us was $250 -- two guys, eating a big meal and drinking beer, not wine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.