1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Our First Trip Downtown

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by THESwigs, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THESwigs

THESwigs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

We'll be back downtown Sept 14-16, so I thought I'd tell ya what I remember from our first trip about ten years ago. I'd been to Reno and Wendover several times my new spouse had never been to Vegas either, so we started looking around and booked at "THE FITZ" through Expedia, we also ordered and printed off about 1458 coupons(we had a seperate bag for coupons). Needless to say we used them(not all) and they made a difference.

We did not do well gambling at "FITZ" but we(I) did great at BINIONS there was a bank of Blazing 7'S that i could not lose at, so we were always going back. We did figure out when we needed to rest, and not sit in front of a machine and drop in coins, we would go to the Keno area and get a 5.00 ticket and sit back and inhale about a half dozen cocktails.

The most memorable part of the trip was that the room we got was on the top floor at the end of the hallway, the floor was uneven, it looked like they used things from rooms that were remodeled, nothing matched. We didn't care the room was for sleep and other fun adult activities. The second morning we got up and had some adult fun:thumbsup:.... i was sitting back having a pre breakfast Jack & 7 and told my wife to open the curtains and let some light in, she said "I don't have anything on", I replied " were on the 27th floor, whose gonna see ya" she agreed and opened the curtains......and then it happened, a blood curdling scream and the curtains closed quickly. We were not aware of a bike race going on downtown, and they had a news chopper hovering outside our window. The wife was more mad that I was on the floor laughing my ass off, than the fact that the chopper pilot got a free show.

We can't wait to get back to downtown and "THE D" in Sept., Maybe I can get the same room:thumbsup:

2. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be at the D one week from today!

3. sunny123

sunny123 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    downtown

Great story.............ROFLMAO:peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.