1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ouch MLife

Discussion in 'Comps' started by jazzgirlca, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazzgirlca

jazzgirlca Tourist

Just returned from 4 nights at Aria. Last trip was in April and stayed at Bellagio, gambled about the same in April and all food was comped off, this trip NOTHING additional comped off (besides our express comps). Ouch. Is this the norm at Aria??

2. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the consensus here has been that MGM properties in general have tightened up somewhat over the summer and going into this fall compared to what they were giving out earlier this year.

That being said, I believe Aria actually is somewhat tighter with comps than Bellagio is - MGM management views Aria as their flagship property. But going from all f&b picked up to none? That sounds to me more like overall tightening than just the difference between one property and another. Also - was the room rate on your room at Aria this trip comparable to your room rate at Bellagio last trip, or was it substantially higher?

3. jazzgirlca

jazzgirlca Tourist

It was basically the same room deal - 3 free, reduced rate the 4th. We did upgrade to a corner suite for $75 a night extra - maybe that was it? Just seemed odd as our food (buffets lol) werent comped off as they usually are. Guess we will stay at Bellagio next time and see. Corner suite was beautiful though!

4. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, $75 extra for 4 nights works out to about $300 - so if you had $300 or less comped off last trip, that would probably explain where the extra comps went.

5. VegasGarden

VegasGarden Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just checked Mlife and I find I have a NEG Express Comp balance? Do I owe this and is a debt? lol man have they ever tightened up.

6. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm confused. Did you pay for the upgrade. If you did, that shouldn't have anything to do with comps received. Heck, even if you didn't, the front desk is giving that upgrade to you. I didn't think an upgrade like that would count against your comps?

7. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience is exactly opposite of yours.
    I was comped a suite upfront and went to see a host at checkout and they gave me zero F+B.
    That was 2 years ago and it was my last stay at Bellagio.My host was off and the one I talked to was actually rude.
    Last several stays at Aria they comped a Sky Suite and almost all my F+B including the Large cabana at the pool.
    Was my play the same?
    It was probably a little higher at Aria with a little more time but the comp difference was dramatic.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  8. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a few dealers have told me in the past year is that MGM is working hard to improve the bottom line at Citycenter. I think it's clear that giving out less comps is one of their methods to achieve that. I get much better comps at Bellagio

9. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be at Aria over Labor Day weekend.
    I will definitely track down my host and ask him about comping difference between Bellagio and Aria.
    I assumed they would both give back the same % of theo.
    Maybe I'm wrong.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1 - It appears they are trying to work towards using EC for food, etc.

2 - Last trip MIGHT have been a deal that included some food upfront?

3 - Played about the same? That is hard to quantify. It may seem that you played about the same, but maybe it was more the time before?

4 - Upgrade? How was this paid for?

11. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See ya there!

I was told by my corporate host that they can do more for me at Aria than Bellagio...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.