1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Orleans "Upgrade" Offer

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by booker, Oct 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    its for newbs.

2. Wistful Walt

Wistful Walt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When this subject first came up on 10/5, I was the 9th person to comment on it. I mentioned that my wife and I were leaving on 10/6 for 7 nights at the Orleans, 7 at the Gold Coast, and ending with 2 more at the Orleans. I planned on an early discussion on the 'upgrade' subject with my Orleans contact but she was on vacation for the whole week we were there, and wasn't available either on the only occasion we made it to the Orleans on the week we stayed at the Gold Coast.
    When I did talk to her last Monday, she seemed to think that this must have come from outside the Orleans, from a source that would have wanted the upgrade payment directed to them. Didn't make sense to me, and I told her I would send her an e-mail after I got back and attach the promotional letter so she could check it. She certainly was unaware of any Orleans based promotion.
    On my return, there was an e-mail from the Orleans dated 10/12 making the SAME offer to us for the 2 day stay that we were enjoying as I talked to her. I sent her a copy, and she has promised to get back on this. I will let the board know is there is anything of interest in her reply.
    For the record, on the 10/6 checkin, there was no mention made at all about upgrades, and we were given room 1838, which pretty well satisfied all my original requests, The subject was never mentioned at the Gold Coast, nor on our last 2 days at the Orleans.

3. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the "upgrade" email today. We are arriving next Thursday. For only $80 nt I can upgrade to a suite! No way Jose!

4. clarx

clarx Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $31 Add a Strip View
    Enjoy the most coveted view in Las Vegas: A View of the infamous Las Vegas Strip.
    From the comfort of your guestroom feel free to people-watch and to savor the spectacular lights and architecture.

I received one of these yesterday and had to laugh at the "feel free to people-watch" line under the Strip View upgrade. I didn't see "telescope" listed as a room amenity, so better bring a really good pair of binocs with you if you're planning to "people watch" from your strip-view room.

5. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walt ~ I will be interested to see the response!

6. Wistful Walt

Wistful Walt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing received to date--but I wasn't looking for anything until this week and upon reflection don't think I will push the issue any further.
    We are now booked into the Orleans from Jan. 11 to the 20th. Four of these nights are comped. If I get a fridge supplied for this period n/c as promised, get non-smoking rooms near an elevator on a higher floor, plus some help in getting 2 other rooms on our floor for family members, I will be very happy. I also will not be charged resort fee for nights that are not comped.
    I get the gut feeling that the Orleans people who sent out these 'upgrade' e-mails indiscriminately are regretting it, and hoping the furor will subside.

7. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got mine about a week before check in, did,t take them up on any of them, I prefer smoking room, not bothered about a strip view.

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got my eStandby Upgrade offer. I can:

Add a high floor location for $15/night
    Add a smoking option for $15/night
    Upgrade to the Louisiana 2 bedroom suite for $130/night
    Upgrade to the New Orleans 1 bedroom suite for $180/night
    Upgrade to the Presidential 1 bedroom suite for $200/night
    Add close proximity for additional room for $16/night
    Add a refrigerator for $20/stay
    Add a location close to the elevator for $24/night
    Add a strip view for $25/night
    Add a pool view for $25/night
    Late checkout up to 6PM for $30/stay
    Early check in as of 6AM for $30/stay ( your original room preference will not be guaranteed)
    Upgrade to Executive Suite 1 bedroom $80/night

You even have the option to select all upgrade opportunities! The refrigerator seems like a good deal but they can keep the rest.

9. earth-3

earth-3 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my case, I would pay them $24 per night NOT to be close to the elevator. I like privacy and most of all quiet. I like the last room at the end of the hall. Way too much noise going on around the elevators, 24 hours a day.

10. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOW – it looks like they've expanded the options list from last month! I can hardly wait another week to get my new options email. Maybe by then it will have grown to include fluffy pillows, extra towels, low floor, middle floor, mountains view, etc. This is ridiculous!

11. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you took a map of the hotel and crossed off the rooms which were applicable to the offers (all rooms close to the elevator, the suites, etc) and just said I need a comfortable room.....which one(s) is left to occupy AND would you have to share it?

I never get these options either in e-mail or snail......WHAT am I doing wrong.....?

12. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always book online using my offers on BConnected. Is that what you're doing?

13. bubbakitty

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, always and if I need extra on either end I call and ask to have a comp night added since they will not let you book back to back....

14. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess it will remain a mystery, as offers (and emails) often are. For example, Ms. Gecko continues getting free room offers at Suncoast, while I seem to have dropped off their radar – and if anything, I play longer and bet more. And that's just one example out of many. Maybe one of those nutty emails will show up before your next trip; but as you can tell, you're not missing out on much.

15. bubbakitty

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well we are going to be departing soon so maybe so. If so I will post MY exclusive(?) offers for all to be jealous of....

16. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uh … so what's left … Basement? Closet? Cots in the hall?

17. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back last week. Our reservation was Thurs-Mon for the cheapest room available, 2 weekday nights on a red Bconnected promo with free dining and slot $, and 2 weekend nights at the red Bconnected rate. We ignored the upsell email.

The room they gave us without any extra payment, bribe, or upsell was on the 19th floor in the east wing looking north, so we could see the strip if we looked out the window to the right, and it was about 100 feet from the elevator. The only thing I might consider paying more for would be an upgraded room because it might have more charging stations for our various electronic gadgets. Or I could just bring a power strip. I thought of trying a $20 trick to see if we could get a suite but it seemed like a long shot given my very low rolling status and I didn't really care enough about it so I didn't bother.

We did have an issue with the room but it had nothing to do with the location. The last 2 nights, the alarm system speaker was making a faint static/dripping noise. They couldn't fix it because it was something the alarm company would have to do, and they wouldn't be able to come until after we left. They offered to move us to another room but we declined, since my son was already asleep and my wife was too congested to notice and we were tired. Also, as I mentioned in another post, the air filtration seemed to be lacking, but I assumed this would be everywhere so I didn't fuss about it. 4 nights for about $250 including $60 in freebies, I still feel like I got a pretty good deal.

18. Wistful Walt

Wistful Walt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my last contribution to this discussion (11-10) I advised that my wife & I had already reserved a room at the Orleans from 1-10 to 1-21 inclusive, with 4 weekend nights comped. We have now received an offer for 3 free nights (Jan. 11-13) as part of a poker slot machine tournament. I am currently attempting to have these nights incorporated into the 11 nights already booked. Haven't had this confirmed yet, but have been advised that both my wife and I can enter the tournament if we wish, and no entry fee.
    Since the last posting on this I also received an offer for 2 free nights over New Years and including either a NY Eve dinner party OR a later dance party. Never in my fondest dreams did I ever think my level of play (lower Sapphire) could trigger such an offer. But considering other obligations, and the mid-Jan. plans already in place we just could not take advantage of the offer. The Jan 18 weekend has some family birthdays, (my wife and a grandson) that we will celebrate. But no question, it would have been GREAT to celebrate in Vegas the 61st anniversary of the 1954 NYE night that we met on a blind date.
    So as of now, I am not too concerned about the 'upgrade' controversy and won't be too uptight either if they do not give us the 3 free nights for the slot tournament. Must confess, though, that I think we are entitled to them,

19. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I checked in yesterday. I kidding take any offers. I checked in at one and the only upsell offered was a strip view for $5 a night. For a two night stay that wasn't a bad deal. I passed. I could've gotten a room on the thirteenth floor away from the elevator or the ninth near it (not a lot of inventory to work with). I took the ninth which was perfect because all 10 elevators service the ninth floor. Plus I got a partial view of the pool and can see the mountains over the parking garage. I'm very satisfied. I don't know if they have renovated rooms outside of the wing with the super long ball so the elevator hike may not eve be a real issue for folks in deluxe rooms.

20. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure enough – one week to the day before arrival and the anticipated upgrade offer showed up. I'm kind of disappointed though; unlike Leo21's long list for everything but the hall and closet, I was only offered Premium, Strip view, and Suite. Since I often get what I ask for at check-in anyway (minus the suite of course), I'll pass on paying for an otherwise freebie.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.