1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Orleans Poker Room

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by danny8235, Aug 9, 2016.

1. danny8235

danny8235 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what is the Orleans poker room like for limit

2. IvanBeausky

IvanBeausky Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends. Honestly it does. Most of my experiences over there are ok, nice room, competent dealers, (mostly) competent floor people. The players are a total mixed bag. You might get stuck with a table full of crabby old people. I have once or twice, but other times I got good tables. Your odds of dealing with miserable old nits go up at the Orleans, but the pluses outweigh the negatives.

3. luckymanstan

luckymanstan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The good thing is that there's almost always limit holdem or omaha running at all times. Hard to say the same for most other poker rooms in Las Vegas. Great promotions too for loyal players.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 93 Octane

93 Octane Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hit their poker room on my last trip(june) and was pleasantly surprised with the poker action and amount of people playing, will go back next trip in October

5. Champster1

Champster1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO. Orleans is 1 of the 2 best poker rooms ( the other is Red Tock) in vegas, for low limit hold em! Right now, according to Bravo, Orleans has (2) 2/4 limit games going and (4) 4/8 limit games going . No other room in Vegas,, other than RR, has that many LLHE games going on at this moment! Plus Orleans always has great promos. Which get better during football games!

March Madness...here I come !!
  6. azlefty

azlefty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Golden nugget also has several 2-4 limit Holdem games, and players seem to be a little weaker than the regulars at the Orleans. I've also played it at the south point but it has been a while.
    I sat down at the Orleans for the first time in July and had been playing for 10 min when there was a hubbub at a nearby table that grew into a roar. This happened:
    [​IMG]

The jackpot pool was $78,000. The beatee and beater received around 30% and 20% respectively, others at the table shared 9%, and the rest was divided among all other players, or something like that. Our share was $200 each, which more than offset my sloppy card playing that evening. Free unexpected cash makes me feel like a champion any day of the week!
    People were saying that the jackpot hits about once a month, and when it hasn't hit in a while, it gets over $100k, and then every table is full and there is a long line to get a seat.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 1