1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Opinions on Fox Car Rental

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by OKC Gal, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OKC Gal

OKC Gal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've rented cars in Las Vegas many times, but never with Fox. I suspect they have a poor reputation. Comments?

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never used them in vegas, but I have in other cities. They are cheap, which is good. But you get what you pay for. Slow process, always long lines, and not very enthusiastic employees.

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. justdeb

justdeb hey look!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we used them once, in Salt Lake. biggest rental car nightmare ever. Slow, pretty rude. They overcharged us, even though i had proof of what our rate was.
    Also, it was like pulling teeth to get a corporate office number. Never again. Pretty much got what i paid for.

4. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used them once in vegas. They are pretty scheisty. Tried to switch cars on me. Tried to blame me for pre existing damages. Etc etc. I would never recommend them. Worth paying an extra $10-15 per day to go with another company

5. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind that their rental facility is not in the Vegas car rental center. You have to take the shuttle bus from the airport to the rental center and then take a 2nd shuttle to Fox, which is located somewhere near Southpoint I believe.

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My major issue is the multi-hop shuttle. There's such a good selection of agencies with only one shuttle ride so why bother?

7. OKC Gal

OKC Gal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone. This is what I suspected. The rate was about half of what I had reserved at Dollar.

8. tvon

tvon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plus when you think about it, The "majors" car rentals are roughly about $10 more for your whole trip. That means less hassle, less lines, and less aggravation. I'm on vacation.. $10 (or roughly there abouts) is well worth it. You'll make that back at the craps table

9. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had an awful experience on your last trip in May which I detailed in trip report. Here is the excerpt:

We boarded the first shuttle to the remote parking facility and then joined a large group waiting for the Fox shuttle to arrive. We were told only 1 shuttle was currently operating so it took longer than usual. On arriving at the lot, we found a line of 20-25 people in the office and only 2 agents doing their utmost to up sell every customer. I thought take a deep breath, relax, repeat.

It took a good 90 minutes before we were able to proceed to the lot with paperwork in hand only to discover several others were waiting for cars. Again, take a deep breath, relax, repeat as necessary. 20 minutes later we drove off in a Toyota Corolla with 46,121 miles on the odometer. The only good news, and it pales in comparison to the time wasted, was my all-in rate for 2 weeks was $267.37.

10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep checking car rental web sites regularly. I find that prices can drop one day and go way up another day so I will try to rebook to get the lower rate.

I heard others mention that fox was okay for them but for me I rather pay a little more for a more "reputable" rental company. But then I have had problems with the national chains like dollar (hard sell clerk made the rental process take much longer), have seen long lines possibly at EZ, Payless and Advantage but I have rented from all those companies with little problems.

Unfortunately rates at fox on average are lower than the other rental agencies so there have been times where I considered renting from them. Luckily after checking daily I found similar rates at the other companies so I never rented from Fox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.