1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

One week away from my next trip

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by vwhiten, Apr 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We leave in one week for a quick three night trip. Staying at our old friend TI. We haven't been on this end of the strip for a while. I got a rate of about $50 a night --no resort fee. It will definitely be a frugal trip- got hit with an unexpected payment due to the stinking IRS--rat bastards. So I picked up the $100 of food/drink for $80 at TI. $40 Living Social at Senor Froggies got for less than $15- will eat lunch there. Not the place to eat dinner if you are hungry. The wait staff is to busy partying to actually wait on tables.

I also cashed in my Amex points for a $100 Mlife gift card I will use at Mirage. Myvegas rewards for 2 for 1 Mirage bfast buffets, $15 at The Pantry, and Carnegie Deli 2 for 1. And the cheesy Excslibur Tournament of Kings Dinner Show.

Gonna take a small carry duffel on and bought a new small under the seat bag/tote. My husband said it looks like a Peggy Bundy bag.

[​IMG]

I am hoping to hit my first Royal. Sigh --It will be a laid back trip. No dressing up and no fancy dinners. I've never done a live trip report -- I'm a pretty boring trip writer. But maybe I will try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36th Wedding Anniversary
  2. smerrian

smerrian Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one week countdown! Almost as exciting as the trip! Have a great time. Looks like you've really maximized keeping your bankroll for gambling...just about everything else is covered! Have a great trip and would love to hear a tp.

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1 week away for me too! Getting ready to start laying out the clothes to put together outfits & extras for 6 days. Need this trip in the worst way.....been 15 months when we usually do twice a year.... Have a great time - both of you!!! :)

4. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You and me both!!!

5. AbFab

AbFab Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two weeks for me and hoping I hit my first Royal as well. Have $400 in freeplay so the first 400 of the chase is on them. :)

6. Texas Steph

Texas Steph Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could be wrong but, I thought I had read in a TR recently that Senor Frogs was now closed...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

7. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kahunaville is closed. I haven't heard that Senor Frogs is closed

36th Wedding Anniversary
  8. Texas Steph

Texas Steph Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My bad...I knew it was in TI but had the restaurant wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

9. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am looking at getting the $14 shuttle per person round trip from airport to strip hotel. A taxi will cost at least $25 or more one way -/ especially if tunneled. The last few times the taxi has been filthy and I think the drivers play non English stations on purpose to intimidate and have not had a friendly taxi in a while. Just don't want the drama. Have used the shuttle before so it is no big deal. Thought about using lyft/uber too. I think I will use the 3 ounce bottles in a quart bag to take a little hooch into the airport. A $5 drink on the flight is okay. $18 for a crappy Margarita at the airport is BS.

36th Wedding Anniversary
  10. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Today I got the mani-pedi. It had been a while. My toes were in sad shape. I would have taken a before and after photo but I was very ashamed. Got the eyebrows waxed. Then the little oriental girl told me I needed my sideburns waxed. WTF -- I do not have sideburns. I have one stray hair/whisker on my chin I have had since I was in my twenties.

So of course I had her wax the sideburns.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    36th Wedding Anniversary
  11. codingkw

codingkw Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OMG...I would have died if someone said that to me...But boy that was funny.

Time to get married and have fun
  12. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one hair whisker on my chin I am always on the lookout for. It won't be there for months and then bang it is an inch long. I told my hubby about the Vietnamese girl saying I needed to wax my side burns. He told me I had old lady fuzz. F****er.

36th Wedding Anniversary
  13. Kevke

Kevke Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    its only 2 more days for me ! :) Make sure u enjoy in Vegas ! :thumbsup:

14. citking

citking Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I strongly recommend taking an Uber or Lyft. You can find free ride/reduced price codes just about anywhere, and the drivers I had in Vegas were extremely friendly and courteous. If you need a discount code let me know - I have a bunch of them. It avoids the shuttle and taxi crap completely and it's the only way to get around for us in Vegas now.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

15. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nails and shoes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my jeans and capris washed. Hadn't had time to fold and pack. Behold the wiener dog. Sitting atop my clean clothes.

[​IMG]

36th Wedding Anniversary
  16. DRPinVA

DRPinVA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Three days for us!!! Been almost a year... this trip will be craps, blackjack, and slots for the wife, unless I can get her to try rolling the dice again....She did once in New Orleans, did great until she got fussed at for short rolling, then proceeded to roll off the table twice in a row...The dealers were a bit ...harsh shall we say, so that was it for her...Anyway, we'll see the Lionel Richie show on Wednesday, Terry Fator on Thursday, and hopefully Raiding the Rock Vault on Friday..... Bank roll is in place, all we need now is 3 nights to pass ....Yes!!!!!

Oh Boy! Oh Boy! Oh Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. Miller12pack

Miller12pack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Leaving tomorrow. I am taking some Tylenol pm tonight or I won't be able to sleep. Good luck everybody.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.