1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

one-ways?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Lhammer28, Jun 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been pricing out flights, hoping SW goes down since I would prefer to just fly them....
    but I have noticed that I can get really cheap flights out of Midway or Ohare.

We do have a $100 voucher for SW we need to use, but I think I could book hubby on the NS MKE-LAS witht he $100
    Then I go to ORD take the cheap flight with Frontier there ($59)
    then SW back...

Is it worth the hassle of all the different flights & airlines?

I wouldnt have to pay for parking, just the gas and tolls to get to ORD...
    So it would save almost $100.....

2. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a PIA to me..If it was $400 or so? Think about it then,, Hey it's your B-day trip I noticed so take it easy and enjoy the flight out together..!

3. suebee

suebee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Driving from one airport to another...arriving at different times...having to go back to another airport to get the car...

You need to factor in your time for the inconvenience and personally for $100 it wouldn't be worth it. I would prefer to fly together, maybe start the vacation with a drink before (and during!) the flight and not have to worry about the other person getting there (you never know what kind of delays could come up for one or the other).

4. jimboguy

jimboguy Blubbery Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    also consider all of the extra fees Frontier charges. They even charge for your carry on.

5. runningonthehub

runningonthehub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not worth the hassle for me. I would not even think about doing that just to save $100.
    All that driving between airports leave you open for too many things to go wrong.

6. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok.....you're all right.....plus we need to spend the 750 on hubby's tr visa....
    I'm hoping SW has another sale before we go!

7. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I price my flights anymore, I always check the round trip as well as a one-way there and another one-way back. I can typically save a little bit for better flight times doing the one way route (usually it's a different airline each way), especially now that I like to splurge a little to fly first class into LAS.

But then again, I'm flying out and back into the same airport. If it was different airports, I'd have to have a big time money or time savings to do it.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booking one ways often is a very good idea.

Booking different airports (your real question) is not so great.

The reasons have been outlined already.

Don't forget to check other airlines. The majors now often offer decent one way flights where there were terrible in the past.

9. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends a lot on your personal logistics from the airports. I sometimes fly out of Mcallen using Allegiant to LV and comeback on SW landing in Harlingen. My oldest son lives just outside and west of Harlingen. Mc Allen is about 30 miles west of Harlingen. He takes me to MAC and picks me up at Harlingen. I have a fee for carry on with AL. But I usually pick out their cheapest fare and use points for SW
    making it a very economical trip.

10. mrem3200

mrem3200 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with this, on my next Vegas trip I am flying out on JetBlue and back on Delta. The price and schedule was better than a round trip on any one airline.

11. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm from your area. Going down to Midway is a pain in the ass. Traffic, tolls, yuck. So is O'hare although it's closer.

12. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yea, i figured so much.... everything in IL sucks ;-)
    Do you take SW and do you have any idea what the lowest price is right now? i used to go 2 times a year so i knew when to buy but its been a while and im guessing the lowest RT is $366. thats what the sale price was 2 weeks ago, we just didnt book for whatever dumb reason.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.