1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

One quick gambling story from the weekend before my full trip report

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Tree DA, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Dec 12, 2011
    Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Actually, I'm not even sure I'll do a trip report considering I was there the same weekend as the drunken degenerates and there's no way I can compete with that. (at least I assume, I didn't read it yet). Didn't run into them in Vegas either.

OK, anyway, we are gambling at the $3 blackjack table at the Gold Spike. This is the table that is a shoe game and pays 3/2. Not to be confused with the only other tables in the place that were 6/5, continous shufflee $5 tables...LOL.

Anyway, we made a couple silly blackjack jokes to the 'sexy dealers' and were assured that they had heard them all ten times a day (things like asking for even money when the dealer has an ace, etc)

So I am dealt an eleven. And instead of making the joke about asking if I can double for more, I put a $5 chip out there (it's a $3 bet) just to see what she does. I assume she'll make me change and laugh politely about my implied doubling for more joke. She just asks, 'you want to double'? I said yes...she says, OK...I'm waiting for her to make change...so finally I said 'can i double for more?' She says 'Do you want to double for more?'...I thnk she is messing with me but I just said 'sure, how much can I double for'. She says, 'whatever you want'. To eveyones credit at the table, they all remained cool when I shoved my entire stack of chips in the betting spot, got the 10 card, and won the bet. LOFL.

The only person at the table who was not with us was this dude at first base who said "I never knew you could do that. I've been playing 25 years and never knew that!" He quickly shut up though, I think it donned on him (or is it dawned on him?) what had happened.

The pit boss walks over a little bit later and makes some comment as he watched the dealer bust about how the dealer is just giving money away. If he only knew.

This same dealer also paid me on a push.

Yes, I tipped all the dealers a lot.

Anyway, had to share that quick story. More stories to follow after I dig out from under all this work related bullshit in a week.
  2. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Jan 31, 2011
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a cool story. Thanks!

I will visit the Gold Spike in August.
  3. tapakip

tapakip Low-Roller

Sep 10, 2007
    South of Boston
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Double for whatever you want! Wowzas. Of course, if I tried to do that, even with a great count, I'd get a 2. haha. Good on ya for hitting it.

Closest I come to that is when Foxwoods (in CT) used to have a game called Catch a Wave. I won't get into the details, but it was very common to be paid out way more than you should have, because dealers were so unfamiliar with the game and it was low stakes. Friends and I took them for whatever we could until Foxwoods took it away.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.