1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

One half price r/t on Delta from Atlanta ... with a catch

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Turtleman, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a companion voucher on Delta for travel completed by the end of May, but unfortunately no longer have a companion. Is anyone interested in splitting the cost of a single r/t ticket to Vegas from Atlanta and essentially getting a ticket at half price? Both passengers must be ticketed on the same flights. I guess that's why it's called "companion," but it can complicate matters. :)

My dates are fairly flexible (April or May) and prefer 6 - 8 nights. Not all flights are eligible for companion fares, which is why it's important to book asap. PM if interested.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  2. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if a shameless bump is against the rules; but come on people, there has to be someone from Atlanta who's interesting in a half price r/t ticket to Vegas. Maybe?

3. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would love to tag along with you at half-price but we already have a trip booked for Mid May.

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  4. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Ty, is gratifying to finally get a response! Hey, I know - you can go this month, too! And for anyone else considering the deal, you don't have to "tag along." Once ticketed, you can change your seat and won't have to see me again until the return flight!

I guess I'll give it a little more time before I just book another solo trip ... or find a new girlfriend!

5. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's a great way to meet a new Vegas buddy. I'm booked on points (Southwest) for the end of May for a conference! Surely someone will take you up on it!

6. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might as well update the thread (and put the nail in the coffin) on this last day of May by sadly saying that my companion certificate is going bye-bye at midnight. Try as I might, I couldn't find anyone willing to split the cost of a r/t ticket to Vegas. For that matter, I couldn't even find anyone who wanted to go for free! (Well, there was this out-of-state lady I've been chatting with for several months who wanted to go, but she's not very much into gambling or drinking. She's also married, so after more than a little soul-searching, I decided I'd be better off (and a lot safer) going alone. :))

As of yesterday, I have 10 free nights reserved toward the end of June going into July between Gold Coast, Orleans, MSS, and Suncoast, but no air. I always like to lock in rooms first, and am now playing the wait-and-see airfare game. The bigger problem, as usual, is figuring out exactly how long I want to be there. Ten nights seems a bit lengthy, but with airfares so high, a long trip is almost a requirement. If a countdown timer appears within the next week, you'll know I decided. I just hope I'll be able to make good use of the new certificate that's good through the end of May next year.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As one that has used the certificates before, the cost of the fare using this is often higher than just buying the single ticket. Only certain fare classes are eligible to use that certifcate. Sometimes you can get a really good fare, and sometimes not. So, savings are often questionable.

I have thrown plenty of those away over the years. I have a few on Alaska right now, but no intention to fly to Seattle.

8. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard that quite a bit, but for the past several years, my ex significant other and I have used them for almost a single fare. That possibly has something to do with so many Vegas-Atlanta flights. More than not being able to use the certificate, I'm disturbed that no one I know wanted or was able to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.