1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

On The Rocks Jon Taffer

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by smartone, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some of you inexperienced club goers and those who've been wanting to go, but been a bit intimidated about the whole thing might find this of interest.

Bar Rescue's Jon Taffer is lending his name to the ultimate club-crawl package. July 12-14th, one price gets you into like 30 nightclubs, 8 pool parties and some other special things goin' on. :beer:

http://www.rateintertainment.com/2013/05/23/jon-taffer-presents-on-the-rocks-las-vegas/

2. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    strike when the iron is hot haha

I actually kind of like his show I mean sure it is reality TV, but if you were a bar owner you could do a hell of a lot worse than listening to his advice that is for sure and he is "on point" on service issues and the like for sure.....it is amazing how many people that have no business running a bar or a restaurant (or both or really any business) get in the bar or restaurant business

it is also amazing the number of people that buy a bar because they liked to hang out there and then hire their friends to "run it"

IMO there are A LOT of bar and restaurant owners than need to sit down with their employees for an hour a week and run through some of his shows so they can see how their habits of txting every 20 seconds, sitting at the end of the bar with their clique of regulars, making bad drinks, over pouring, and on and on cost not only the bar money, but cost THEM money

he is excellent on the control of the kegs and liquor pours and the tracking of those things and how much money you can save/make by pouring your tap beer properly at the proper temp and by actually pouring a proper drink instead of a drink that could catch fire if near a cigarette

it is also amazing how many "owners" go right back to doing the same failed crap after he leaves :rolleyes2:

3. etm117

etm117 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha, I totally agree. My wife and I would watch his show and play a variation on "working girl or not". We would guess whether the bar on the episode was open, closed or back to its original theme. It made for a fun guess before checking in on Yelp for the answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.