1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

**On-Line – Concierge - Host**

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by BC_Todd, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BC_Todd

BC_Todd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are taking our 23 year old daughter on her first trip to Vegas next month. She would really like to see a show while we are there.
    What is the best way to get good seats at a resonable price?

Should we just book on-line?

Should we use the hotel Concierge?

Should we ask our host? (we are platinum with mlife)

Look forward to your help!:nworthy:

2. tapakip

tapakip Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not having a host myself, I would think asking your Host to see what they can do would be your first stop, based on what I've read on this message board from all the people with hosts.

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No need to use a concierge unless you want hard to get tickets. Definitely NOT a value option. Depending on what you want to see, just call the box office. If you want to see something that will have discounted tix available, you can check goldstar.com, travelzoo to see if they have any discount options, or wait to check tix4tonite once you get to Vegas. Just depends on what you want to see and how important it is to see that particular show.

We often get tix for one show in advance, and then see what we feel like doing once we're in town (via discount options).

4. LAV

LAV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want seats at a good reasonable price, then I suggest the last two options not be used. Specifically when you go through a host or VIP rep, they will set up bill back to your room. Those tix are always int the most expensive sections. Then based on your play, it will be comped, but then it would take away from other comps as food, spa, etc, unless you are a strong enough player that it doesn't matter.

I would suggest looking for a show you want to see and try finding deals/specials and book yourself. Call box office to see what offers.

If you have express comps to burn, you could wait till you get there and choose seats you want and then pay with your express comps.

Or go to Tix4Tonite on day of.

What shows are you thinking, that way we could give more specific suggestions.

5. smac

smac Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would go through the Box Office but make sure you show them your players card. I was at MGM in June and the woman at MLIFE told me I would get the tickets cheaper if I went through the Box Office. I got fantastics seats (175.00) for $125. I just charged them to my room and they comped them off when I checked out.

6. GREGRIO

GREGRIO Tourist

What Show are you interested in ?
    Booking on line is always my last choice...
    You'd be surprises how many concierge/hosts haven't
    seen any of the Shows they arrange tickets for, lol.
    I'd be glad to suggest when I know what you're lookin at.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  7. BC_Todd

BC_Todd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are looking at "Love" at the Mirage. Kind of surprised that my 23 year old daughter wants to see a Beatles review, but that just shows you that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree because I am a HUGE Beatle fan:peace:
    I am not one to line up at tix for tonite type place, but also want a good price. We have a 2 for 1 MGM show comp for this trip, but I'm still looking at buying four tickets.

Any suggestions appreciated:beer:

8. LAV

LAV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In that case, go directly to the mirage website, and book the tickets. They currently have the summer of cirque offers, with each ticket starting at $55. You can't beat that.

9. GREGRIO

GREGRIO Tourist

In that case, go directly to the Mirage box office phone
    number 1.800.963.9634
    Check out the seating chart so you know what you're
    paying for.
    www.mirage.com
    'click' the 'LOVE' picture

Talk to a real person, request where you'd like to sit.

You want UPPER REAR seats. Down front is TOO CLOSE.

I suggest SECTIONS 209 or 200...any row, 7:00 Show.
    I've sat from ROW K (front) to R (top)...it's all good.
    Prices get a bit cheaper the higher up you go.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.