1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Old Geezers Report

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by weas, Jul 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weas

weas Low-Roller

May 27, 2009
    Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

BACKGROUND: In February we spent 3 days at the Golden Nugget in Lake Charles La. for our 50th wedding anniversary. When we returned I said to J I am planning a trip to Vegas in July for my birthday would you like to come. Wonders of wonders he said yes. J only plays BJ and only likes to go to Vegas every 3 years or so. When we lived in Colorado we used to rent a house for a week, take the dogs and plan the event around some radio controlled model airplane event. We have been in Texas for about a year and don't want to drive that far.

TRIP REPORT: July 12-17. Flew SW out of Houston. Got early boarding had A24-25 going and A20-21 coming home. We both got TSA precheck going and I got it coming home. For some reason our plane left out of Vegas on B gates and J was right beside me going through security.

Car rental: Had three reservations with Payless, Dollar and Alamo. Had express check with Alamo and Dollar. Got to car rental and decided to keep the Dollar rental, better car than Alamo, better price at Payless but line was long. Glad we had express with Dollar as there were at least 75 people in line. Went down stairs and our slot for our car said TBA. The guy said see the attendant around the corner. They had hardly any cars on the lot. Attendant said just take that SUV so we did and were very happy with it.

Hotel: Golden Nugget Rush Tower no upgrade available as they said it was full. VIP not open but regular check in at Rush entrance was open Sunday but closed the rest of our stay. Have stayed in Rush Tower before but J had not and he really like the room. Very quiet, no wait for elevator. Newspaper every morning, 2 bottles of water, printed boarding passes. Could have used the fitness center as it was included with the resort fee but we did not. We also got 2-1 Gordie Brown tickets and other coupons.

Shows: Terry Fator at the Mirage 2-1 Preminum tickets ty MyVegas. Very good seats 5th row, had seen it before but J hadn't we both enjoyed it, I didn't want it to be over. Goride Bown, have also seen this but J hadn't ( do you detect a theme here I am a regular Vegas person J isn't). We had front row seats, he is a good entertainer and the tickets were just $75.00 for both of us.

Activities: Went to the pool one day, got seats in shade but pool was very crowded. J did the slide and lost our room key. Security Security!!!!!
    Went to the Mob Museum, very informative and spent about two hours there. We also went to Pawn Stars as we watch it every week. Another first for J.

Eats: Sielgs 1941 at El Cortez, just had sandwiches but they were very good. Rio Seafood Buffet, had $10.00 off coupon from ACG. We always enjoy this, Chart House Happy Hour, Grotto, Dupars. We are happy with a donut or pastries in the AM then our big meal between 2-4 (remember we are Geezers). We also enjoyed hot fudge sundaes at Dupars twice while we were there.

Gambling: J just played blackjack, he came home with about $300.00 in winnings. He enjoyed El Cortez, single deck 3-2 at $5.00,he also won at Downtown Grand and Golden Nugget. I play a little bit of everything, Pai Gow which is my favorite game but I just could not have a winning session, a little BJ, 4 sessions of Bingo (won once $60.00), too many penny slots. Only time I played VP I got 4 of a kind. I came home even.

Our wonderful daughter watch our two furry friends( basset hounds) and provide us a shuttle to and from the airport.

We had a great with no hassles and J will probably want to go again in a couple of years. As for me I am planning my next trip right now for Jan 3-7. My great niece will be 21.
  2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Aug 6, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great trip.....perhaps J will want to go more often. It's been a few years since I've seen Terry Fator and Gordie Brown but I enjoyed both shows. Gordie is easy on the eyes! The Mob Museum is on my list of things to do.
  3. B S

B S MIA

Jul 16, 2015
    Sounds like a good time! My wife and I have thought about seeing Terry Fator during our next trip.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.