1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

OK, Sixt is back on my "good" list for car rental agencies

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DaiLun, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, now, first things first . . . Sixt is not for everyone. There are things that you have to go through that some won't tolerate, such as the second shuttle ride to their facility (across the street and down a block)

Corporate has taken over the Las Vegas location and they are "remodeling" the building. For those who have rented from Sixt before, they took out the coolers (no more free cokes and water).

However, the good new is that the prices have come back to being competitive. In fact, I switched my last reservation from my backup agency (Enterprise) to Sixt because I got a lower rate.

So, I would highly recommend them if you don't mind the extra 10-15 minutes it takes to get over there.

2. ebbinns

ebbinns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @DaiLun How long does it usually take once you get to the building? FWIW, Yelp reviews are pretty consistent that it takes a long time to get a car (1-1.5 hours) and cars are trashed. I have them booked for an LCAR later this month, but I have a backup at Hertz.

3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe that must've been during the transition. It has NEVER taken me more than 30 minutes and usually less than 10, but as a repeat and platinum customer, they usually take good care of me.

4. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used them once in September. Getting the car on a Sunday afternoon: quick and easy. And they offered a cheap upgrade to a BMW convertible. Dropping off the car on a Friday afternoon, people were sitting there waiting for cars. I was lucky.

5. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used them twice, last time in December. Service was medicore but cars where good. Always done in between 15-20 minutes.

6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took the bus to the rental facility and back to the airport the other day. the ads on top were all about sixt so I'm guessing that they are back in business.

7. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are. Now under corporate operation. Seems they had some issues with the franchise. Same with San Francisco.
    Already booked for late April. 14 days XFAR for about $800, about 3k at Hertz. (As a german I have to book the car with all insurances included).

8. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The more options the better. But I just checked them against my Costco reservation and they are $60 higher plus they charge $10.80 per day for an extra driver and Costco includes that at no extra charge.

9. tvon

tvon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know they are back.. I've always balked at trying them until my last trip in Nov. But then they had the closing issues, so i skipped them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.