1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ok Allegiant Airlines, I am no longer mad at you.......

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ref59405, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ref59405

ref59405 Low-Roller

Jul 4, 2008
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I usually go to Vegas twice a year. We do a summer vacation trip each summer (duh) when we don't have to worry about child care. We like this trip to be 4 full days, plus the arrival day. We also try to sneak away for a quick 2 or 3 night trip during the spring.
    Back in March we booked a trip for June 15-20th, 2014. I made a new countdown timer and the count was on. About one month before our trip, I got an email from Allegiant saying that they had changed our "flight times". I wasn't too worried about a change in time, until I looked at the email. For some reason, Allegiant Air decided to cancel all Sunday and Friday flights in the month of June to and from Great Falls, Montana to Las Vegas. As a result, the "change of flight times" meant that our Sunday departure was changed to Monday, and our Friday return was now changed to Thursday. That turned our 4 full days, plus arrival day trip into 2 full days and arrival day. They changed our big summer trip to little more than a weekend getaway. The one bright side to all of this was that I had not purchased any show tickets or made any other non refundable plans.
    I declined their changes and instead we booked a trip for July 11-17th. As I write this email we are 18 days away from our trip. If Allegiant had not made the changes, we would have gone on our June trip last week and now I would be waiting 9 months before my next trip.
    18 days of a countdown sure beats 9 months :thumbsup:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.