1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ohio State vs. Kentucky today

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by RC, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RC

RC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OSU coaches came up with a great game plan today and the players executed it very well as they led thru most all of the game today ... a lot of the time by double digit leads. It looked to me like KY was both outcoached & outplayed today by an unranked team who has been struggling early with a near .500 record. Even when the refs tried to get KY back into the game with a few questonable calls, KY did not take advantage of it. Makes me think that KY is probably over rated in the polls right now ...

2. kittyglitter_mm

kittyglitter_mm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha. So we didn't play well today. Lets don't get crazy. We'll still go far into the tournament (way further than OSU) and will many players will be drafted as usual. So funny people don't say the same about Duke yet we wiped the floor with them.

3. OhioStateAlum

OhioStateAlum Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. It pains me to say it but OSU isn't very good. I had not seen UK before today but I was shocked that they seemingly didn't have anyone that was able to get into the middle of the lane off the bounce. I was also surprised that a really young OSU team was able to go toe to toe with UK on the glass.

It was a nice win but OSU will be hard pressed to be a tournament team; the talent level that we've been accustomed to in the last decade or so just isn't there on this roster. I expect UK will bounce back in a hurry.

4. Helen of Troy

Helen of Troy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kentucky is definitely over rated for now...and I am a huge Kentucky fan. They played their best game against Duke and since then have struggled with any sort of outside game. Their offensive rebounding is atrocious, 3 point shooting has been way off, and even foul shooting is iffy for many. This is not to say that they won't get it together by March but this group of freshmen is slow to put it all together. This year's recruiting class was highly rated but they are struggling to adjust to the college game. I expect them to improve but it will be a season long process and at this point they don't deserve to be ranked #4 or even in the top 25. We'll see what happens next week in the Louisville game...always a huge game in the state.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.