1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Oh, What a Birthday Bash!!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by angel81chick, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angel81chick

angel81chick Abuelita

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

My original plan was to celebrate my birthday here, in LA. But seeing as how the club I wanted to celebrate my birthday closed down unexpectedly, I had to come up with something quick. Just as I was about to complain to Baby Cougar how I had no clue what to do for my birthday, she said she could get a great rate for the Wynn. Well, it was definitely within budget, and I said, if she is able to get the room, then I will for sure celebrate my bday in Vegas! And so it begins…

Thursday (my bday) 5/8

For a Thursday morning, LAX was pretty busy. I was able to get a really good deal for Southwest, and thus, decided to fly instead of drive out to Vegas. My flight was uneventful, as they usually are, but I managed to get window seat on the right hand side of the plane so as to see the strip as we land :) I take a cab over to the Wynn, which it came out to $20! When did they start charging an airport fee for cabs? Anyway, all week, I kept asking Baby Cougar two vital questions:
    1. Is my name on the reservation?
    2. Are we in the Resort Tower or the Tower Suites?
    All week long, she kept confirming, yes, my name is on the reservation and we are in the Tower Suites. So, based on her confirmation, I walk over to check in at the Tower Suites. Well, as you may have guessed, turns out that, 1. My name is NOT on the reservation, and 2. We are in the Resort Tower, NOT the Tower Suites :grrr: I walk back over to the Resort registration area, only to realize I don't have my ID, which means I can't check in AND they don't have a room ready! Not a good start!!! I walk over to the bell desk and ask if they can retrieve my luggage as that is where I placed my ID, and instead of having me wait forever, the guy just took me into the back and gave me a mini-tour of how they store our luggage and keep track of it. It was actually pretty interesting, but something I could have done without! Got my ID, changed purses, and headed off to the mall, as they said they would call when a room was ready to check in. Before though, I decided to stop by the bar and have myself 2 mojitos! They were just as good as I remembered them. The weather was gorgeous, and sitting on the patio was a great start.

As for miracles…they do happen!! I went to the mall, and only bought my mom's mother's day gift! Nothing extravagant or excessive for me, as the trip in itself was just that!

Finally checked into the room, and Scott sent me a text saying that I should call concierge and see if I have a package. Turns out, Angy and Scott sent me a little something for my birthday! :kiss: And they sure do know what I like, as they got me a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label, and another bottle of Gold Label. Talk about the biggest smile on my face when I first opened the package. They also included a purse in the shape of a puppy!! It was a great gift!! Did I open the gifts? NO….I couldn't do it! The thought of drinking Blue Label was too much for me and so I just brought them home with :drooling:

Baby Cougar finally got out of work, and her friend, AD had already come up to the room to hang out, as he was going to join us for dinner and drinks. I wanted Thursday to be very carefree, so we just went to dinner across the street at RA, and then hit up Trader Vics, Mix, and McFadden's. Some of their friends were supposed to play a show at 10p, and though they were there when we got to Trader Vic's, turned out they performed at 6p!! Oh well….they were really cool and great people to meet! Mix was really nice, great view, but got interrupted when my Drama Queen Friend, finally arrived in Vegas! She had missed her flight, and by the time she got to the hotel, Concierge was closed, which is where we had left her a key for the room! Crap! We take off and go back to the Wynn so she can get into the room and get ready. She finally does, and we decide we should go to VooDoo! Unfortunately, it was 30 minutes before last call, so we said screw it and ended up at McFadden's, which turned out to be lot's of fun! Drama queen friend and I are a bad combination when together, especially when we start drinking. Our conversations usually go somewhat like this, and this night was no different:

Her: What shot do you want? A chocolate cake?

Me: OK

Take a shot; 5 minutes later…

Her: Another shot?

Me: OK

Take a shot, 5 minutes later…

Me: Another shot!

Her: OK

This basically went on until we got kicked out of the bar, with the best shot being a "Wet Pussy!" Mmmmm good! Baby Cougar couldn't hang, and started drinking water :rolleyes2: AD was just drinking New Castle, and drama queen friend and I were making friends with the bartenders!

Finally decide to call it a night and go back to the room, which is where we decide we need food! Not only that, but Baby Cougar and I decide to rub it into Marty's face that he is at work, and we are just getting back from our night of drinking! His fault for answering I say! RockChick sent me a text earlier saying that they were going to be in DT, but seeing as how I wanted to keep my celebration on the strip, I didn't get a chance to meet her (maybe next time)!

[​IMG]
    A birthday Shot!

[​IMG]
    View from Mix

[​IMG]
    A round of Chocolate Cakes

[​IMG]
    Baby Cougar being molested by Drama Queen Friend

[​IMG]
    Our bartenders at McFadden's

Friday 5/9

Let the party continue…well, not so much as we finally left our room around 1p. We went to the buffet, which was a bit disappointing. The selection wasn't all that great and only because we were starving, did we find some of the items to be good. I think I prefer the Bellagio buffet over the Wynn's, though, it might have been better had it been Brunch. Head over to the pool, as we were unable to get a Cabana…no worries though because it only turned out to be Baby Cougar and drama queen friend. My sista from anotha motha was stuck in a meeting :cry: She even promised tacos!!!

We lounged, got a nice subtle tan and sent pictures to those that were not fortunate enough to be there! :wink2: Seeing as how we had Spamalot tickets for the 8p show, I had to be back in the room by 5p to start getting ready, as Drea said we had to be ready by 10p for Tryst afterwards.

Spamalot was great! It was very entertaining and I am so glad I decided to attend this show! Although it is freezing cold in the theatre, our time was definitely enjoyed. If you like Monty Python and have seen his movies, then you will most definitely love the show. Afterwards, we headed upstairs to freshen up and wait for everyone to show up as we were going to Tryst for the night. Drea's friend completely came through (even though she had to take one for the team :evillaugh), and scored us a great booth outside overlooking the waterfall!!! That, and I got to meet Drea's boo :woot: We had a great time…so great, that I don't remember some of it, but the pictures are memorable! Well, maybe not the part where I almost got kicked out because some stupid wench spilled her and my drink all over me, ruining my dress and hair, without apologizing! So I decided to push her to where she almost fell, and which a bus boy saw me do it and said I can't do that in the club. Naturally, I ignored him and just walked off. Got back to the table, told my story, and then forgot about it and continued to have a great time and dance the night away.

I have no idea what time I drunkenly walked back to the room, but I knew I had to use the bathroom, and the next thing I knew, I had fallen asleep on the bathroom floor. Not sure how I woke up to open the door for my friend, and then the next thing I knew, I was in bed. It was later confirmed that I received a phone call at 2:50a, and I was already knocked out! But I guess that happens when you run on 5 hours of sleep, 0 food and all alcohol!! Talk about getting completely wasted, as Jess made me do an "Eric"…chug straight out of the Vodka bottle :vomit:

Anyway…apparently, room service was ordered, Drama Queen Friend kept calling me, as did Baby Cougar, and I had a full length conversation with my friend. I would like to announce that, I did not have any sort of confrontation with any of the furniture, nor did I fall on this joyous occasion. :D It was a great night and a great way to end my birthday celebration.

[​IMG]
    DQF and I

[​IMG]
    Enjoying our booth at Tryst!

[​IMG]
    Drea and I

[​IMG]
    Sheer Craziness

[​IMG]
    Trying to be like E :nono:

Saturday 5/10

We finally woke up around 11a as it was time to go home. We all got ready and Baby Cougar dropped my friend and I off at the airport. My flight was delayed by 15 minutes, but in the mean time, I uploaded pictures and just reminisced over the past couple of days.

Highlights:

- My blue dress! Thank you Van :blowkiss:

- Meeting tons of new, fun people!

- Texting those that weren't there with us! :poke:

- Celebrating my birthday in Vegas!

Let's see when I go back….:evillaugh

2. keno

keno obsessed with countdown timers

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR! I'm glad you had fun!

3. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report Angel. No more than two trips this year, right? :ssst:

4. sunni

sunni VIP Whale

fun stuff

Glad you had a great birthday Angel :wave:

5. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What, didja lose my number? I got nothin'! :poke:

Glad you had a great birthday anyway!

6. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now I'm even more jealous!:grrr: Glad you had a great time celebrating OUR birthday!:blowkiss:

Oh, and Monty Python isn't a he, its a they:poke:

7. bigbam

bigbam Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where is McFaddens? Would like to meet those bartenders!!!!!

8. angel81chick

angel81chick Abuelita

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heehee...oh Sin, you see why I needed you there...so you could school me! :evillaugh

I have no idea what you are talking about Don :wink2:

Shiat...I knew I forgot someone, but no worries Beck's, I forgot a lot of people :rolleyes2:

At the Rio...go for the middle one...he is MUCH more fun!

9. vegasmom

vegasmom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shopaholic

Regarding your mall miracle....have you read any of the Shopaholic books? I think you would enjoy them. You seem to share shopping habits of the title character.

10. pattiinontario

pattiinontario "PATTI-O-LANTERNS"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report and pics Sandra.
    Wish I had been there to help celebrate.
    I would have had another novel to lock away in the vault ;)

11. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yawn... :snore:
    It wasn't all that much fun...JUST KIDDING!!! I had a blast. I'm so glad that we got to see each other, even if only for one night!!!

Miss you already, can't wait to see you again...next time FOR SURE we go to Stoney's---:evillaugh

12. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trips like this is why I'm jealous I don't live on the west coast. One night quick birthday hit. Yes!! I have a friend like Drama Queen in that we have the same type conversations.

Wanna get a dirty martini?

Okay.

Hey, let's get a shot of Jager.

Okay.

Wonder what they're drinking? Wanna order one?

Okay.

Thanks for posting the pics and the report.

13. IllMarty

IllMarty Orangutan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice Beyotch! Thanks for the calls and texts, loved the pics too. I still can not believe when I called at 4:50am CDT you were sleeping. WTF? :kill:

Marty

14. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another Sandra original! Glad to hear you had a great time. I think I need a birthday trip like this for myself this year, who's with me? :wink2:

15. SCRATCH73

SCRATCH73 Assman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR Sandra, glad you had fun! OMG tell me that the blue dress did not get ruined!! :eek2

Twist my arm.....I am in!! :thumbsup:

16. texas_aggie_girl_93

texas_aggie_girl_93 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome Sandra! I'm soooo glad you got to celebrate your birthday in Vegas, even though most of us couldn't be there. Nice TR, thanks for posting. Congrats on not fighting with the furniture too. :evillaugh

17. angel81chick

angel81chick Abuelita

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HAHA...damn it Marty, quit busting my balls!! :D

And no, the dress is not ruined....phew!

18. Jack21

Jack21 Guest

Holy cannoli, Sandra....I wish I had your balls at your age.
    Nice pics and nice trip.

E

19. IllMarty

IllMarty Orangutan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it just me, or is Drea's CUTLET visible?

20. StickyFingers007

StickyFingers007 Namer of T2V Gatherings

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like a great time. I got nothin either :cry: I wanna have a bday in Vegas!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.