1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Oh how things change.....

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by captainron62, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phade

phade Keeping tabs on LV while not there...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I am fine with that for sure. If it helps me power through the evenings then so be it!

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! The 500 Hundy podcast talked a bit about everyone's reaction to the frontage and the general consensus was "not as bad as we expected". That is funny, because that is almost exactly what I said when I saw it. The artist renderings were horrible, I am glad it didn't look like the original images. It was not done when I was there in Feb., so I can't comment about much more than the looks. I am disappointed that the big food tenants are still not up and running, doesn't make much sense. I would assume those should have been in place first to drive the foot traffic?

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here. I'm good for a couple of marathon rip off your face nights. First night in town this past week was one. I then had to pump some breaks. But then I was back at it ripping off my $30 from hitting my credit line to $1100 in chips. That was a haze. Craps table bumped up $500. I bought in when at $10.

4. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn they had the min up to $500?!

5. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just completed my 23rd trip last week, been going since '97 when I was 34..... So how have things changed in 18 years?

'97 - stumble back to the room when the sun rises
    '15 - wake up between 5-6AM

'97 - spend half of the trip with a monster hangover
    '15 - still have my share of drinks but I'm done with the marathon drinking sessions

'97 - limited budget
    '15 - much larger budget that I rarely approach

'97 - trip length: 2 nights
    '15 - trip length: 3-4 nights average (next month will be 6 nights, longest stay ever)

'97 - enjoyment factor (1-10 scale): 10
    '15 - 10

Vegas trips have changed during the years for sure, but they get better each time!

Vegas Trip #57
    Vegas Trip #58, Sammy Hagar
  6. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love it, well said. You and I are similar age and have been going for the same time, my first trip was 1997 as well but I have only been 14 times (I think). The only difference for me is that my trips from back then were longer than they are now not shorter. But now it's 3 nights...that's it and is more than enough. While the trips have changed for sure I don't know that I have ever had one that wasn't a 10 on the enjoyment scale.

7. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it was mostly to keep anyone new from buying in. It went from 10 to 15 to 25 pretty fast. Then boom $500. I was the last player to roll as they shut it down when I seven out.

8. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I remember how excited/nervous I got when I got up to a green chip! How things have changed! Every once in a while someone will remind me of that and I get a laugh.
    Glad I'm not the only one that has had the flip of getting up when the sun rises vs. going to bed when the sun rises! Youth is wasted on the young.

I remember when staying 4-5 days was a long trip, now its at least a week and most times I could stay longer.

If anything, I think I have more fun now then when I was younger. But I'll have to consult my younger self to be sure :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.