1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

oddball question

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LolaDoggie, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm hanging out with my laptop watching youtube videos. Vegas related, of course. There's a question I keep forgetting to bring to this group;

After a certain amount of alcohol I lose part of my hearing. It can be a quiet setting and you can be close to me, speaking loud enough, not mumbling and I'll have a hard time understanding you. The parts I do understand are usually dirty. So, the conversation kind of derails.

Does anybody else go deaf like that?

2. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi...LOLA

It is very normal for drunk people not to hear what people are saying.
    Plus, if they hear dirty words..... they can misunderstand and start a fight.

My advise to you is to stop drinking the minute you get some hearing loss
    because that means you have reached your limit of alcohol in your body
    and it is messing up your senses.

We all have a limit of how much we can drink. Some people can drink and drink
    and still function normal.

It is good that you have noticed that problem with you because now you know
    when to stop drinking when you can't hear all the words anymore.

Lots of people get stinking drunk and it is useless for a sober person to talk some sense into them because they can't hear the advise that is being given
    to them. Plus, the next morning they wake up with memory loss.

I prefer to walk away from a drunk than to carry a conversation that will not be
    remembered. I used to do that with my alcoholic parents and anybody that
    has had too much to drink.

More advise.... when you can't hear anymore tell your friends that you are now drunk and need their help in taking care of you to make sure you get back to your hotel room. You can tell them in advance.

I wish I could drink alcohol but the minute I drink I get real sleepy and become lousy company and want to go to bed. Alcohol becomes a downer for me....
    and now you know that you get some hearing loss.lol. LucyR.

3. justvisiting

justvisiting Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What did you say? :poke: Seriously, back when I could drink more than the occasional glass of wine I did sometimes have that problem and took it as sign to switch to water for awhile.

Cheryl

4. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol I am kinda the same way. I can tune out anything when I'm drunk and just be in my own little world. If Im at a BJ table and the conversion sucks I can tune out the whole table and not hear a word that's being said. But certain words will get my attention and if it strikes my attention I can hear crystal clear.

5. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a good point. And yes, when the deafness starts I switch to plain soda pop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.