1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NYNY - Offer mistake turns into a great offer!

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Kimsa70, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got an email offer from NYNY stating 2 nights in a suite, comp f&b and $1300! in freeplay. I had only been there once in 2010 and dropped $1k in their high limit slot room. When I called to schedule my trip and redeem the offer, they said it was a mistake. Should have been only $300!

I was very disappointed and wrote an email to the NYNY host whose name was on the erroneous offer. She responded and apologized and offered me $700 freeplay,
    $250 food n beverages a day, a suite, and pick up/drop off at airport.

I've booked it for the last weekend in September. I requested a penthouse suite...we shall see...

It never hurts to ask!

2. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's awesome. Hope you get the suite!:beer:

3. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice score! or I should say Sweet, oh, I mean Suite! :D

4. allmine1958

allmine1958 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Make sure you get it in writing:wink2: A host did tell me about an offer that was sent out in error and they were getting many calls.

I just returned from NYNY, and never again. I had received an email offer of a Spa suite for 3 nights, $225 free play and limited complimentary food and bev. I am a Platinum Mlife.

When I arrived, there were no spa suites available, Ok. Then had to go to Players club to load freeplay and was told my freeplay was for $100 not 225. I had the offer email right on my phone which I showed the lady and was told, no that was not the offer I was book under. And the complimentary food, was to use my express points, then they would be complimentary. After about 45 minutes in the office, I did get 225 free play, but that included the $100 free play I had from my last trip. The funny part, is I knew they had a history of doing this, so I triple checked it before I had even left home. :grrr:

I will be writing a trip report shortly, if you want the full detail.

5. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry that happened to you. I have the entire email trail in writing and will bring it with me. Thank you for the warning!

This will be the first trip I have not arranged through Bob Rosati's MGM Resorts International marketing office, so it will be interesting to see any differences arranging with a property-specific host.

I have two trips to Vegas before this one, but I'll be sure to provide an update on the NYNY trip.

6. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you have to love MLife's mistakes. My boyfriend was staying at the Luxor a few years ago - with an offer of $750 in free play. When he got there, they told him he only had like $350. When they fixed it, they added the $750 to the $350 that they had already given him - so he ended up with $1,100. He spent it as fast as he could before they could find their mistake :)

Wow, that's really horrible to hear about NY NY. I'd be venting very publicly on their facebook page if I were you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.