1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NYE Very Pre-Trip

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by rje, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rje

rje High-Roller

My Trip Report

It is official... just booked plane tickets for New Years in Vegas!
    Not as cheap as I was hoping for ($305 all in on Southwest out of Midway), but decent compared to other fares I saw ($350+ on American, $400 on United etc.)

We decided to grab the tickets now, versus waiting for it to drop $50 or so and end up loosing out.

Nonetheless, I'm excited, which leads me to a question:

Any one know of what is going on NYE this year?? (So far parties are concerned etc...) I want to look into it soon, incase something involves buying tickets.

Now, let the countdown begin. Just 4 1/2 months and counting.....

2. YoungGun

YoungGun VIP Whale

The biggest party in town is going to be right there on the strip. That one is free. Just wander into the street before midnight with a plastic bottle of whatever you want to drink and enjoy.

Fremont Street Experience has had a party the past few years. There's usually a couple of bands and special midnight light show. They charge around $30.

Some of the clubs around town have special parties that night for an additional fee as do some of the hotels. I think the one at Ghostbar at the Palms is one of the pricier ones although you get a nice view of the fireworks being launched off the strip hotels (hopefully Harrah's will continue to allow the Caesars hotels that hosted fireworks in the past to continue doing so). One lesser know option is to go to the party at the Las Vegas Hilton. The view from their pool deck is supposed to be pretty good and I'm sure they don't charge near what the Palms will be charging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.