1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NYC

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by MikeOPensacola, Oct 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best wishes to everyone in the NY, NJ and PA area (as well as all other affected areas) during hurricane Sandy. This is going to be a nasty storm and I hope everyone makes it through unscathed. God Bless!!!!!!!

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  2. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My buddy lives in Philly and I just texted him and he said it is just windy and should be over by 2 am there. Someone put this on Facebook today:

[​IMG]

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  3. DMSCR

DMSCR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lower Manhattan just lost power due to a Con Ed explosion. Add to the annoyance is flooding. AC is closed.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been an interesting day. I'm uptown and am pretty much unaffected (last night was windy, but almost no rain and restaurants were open), whereas my friends downtown are without power, and Lower Manhattan was pretty much underwater last night. Not pretty, but the people I know are mostly in good shape, thankfully.

5. brklynmerckx

brklynmerckx Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in Brooklyn, but thankfully not close to the water. Tons of flooding in coastal areas in Brooklyn and Queens. I lost a fence to a tree, and my office lost an awning.

That was no fun. I'd like to not have to deal with that again anytime soon.

6. theotherone

theotherone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope all the folks affected by this storm are ok...

Seeing the footage of world trade flooded, homes burning, and the boardwalk in Atlantic City is rough, but obviously not near as bad as those truly affected by it.

Prayers and good thoughts are out for those impacted by this; I hope recovery is quick and these storms leave you guys alone!

7. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IN Ct kinda mid state...wasnt too bad here. But the coastline got hit. Not half as bad as NYC Jersey, etc... Hope no one has to travel in out of area next couple of days. Probably will be a MESS at best the next few days travelling anywhere in the northeast.
    My heart goes out to all who were hit ( hard) by this disaster.

8. Gomar

Gomar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coney Island/Brighton Beach/Sea Gate were hit hard. I heard reports of mass looting and robberies in those areas. I am in mid Brooklyn, nothing happened here. I wont be going into Manhattan till next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.