1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games NYC Card Counting Education Session

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by Jersey_Bill, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jersey_Bill

Jersey_Bill High-Roller

Dec 30, 2010
    Exit 8, New Jersey Turnpike
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey everybody !

Working every day in New York City, I recently discovered a fun and fairly new company which puts together people with some skill or knowledge with others eager to learn for a social evening of fun and a bit of education.

My first "toe in the water" with this was to participate in an evening Armagnac tasting - and it turned out that it was taught by the US Armagnac Ambassador who brought 8 or 10 different Armagnacs, the base liquor it is distilled from, and a whole lot of knowledge about becoming a better Armagnac lover. I was hooked.

On a more Vegas-ey topic, I just saw a posting for two sessions in June - Sat the 15th and Sat the 29th - of a session offered by a "card counting expert" to be held at a "private card club in the Flatiron District". They play it up like a set piece from Rounders.

The cost is not huge and a lot of these events are set up as an evening party for a small group to dive into a subject. My one experience was really exceptional.

I just signed up for the June 15 date. If anyone in the NYC area is interested I would love to see you there. There's another session on June 29th.

Here's the link -

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Jan 8, 2009
    Burnaby, BC
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a social event, maybe... but I think if somebody wants to learn card counting they should just do a few minutes research on the internet or go buy a book.

Its one of those skills where if you can't learn it on your own with all the resources available then its unlikely you will ever have any success at it.
  3. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Jun 27, 2010
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with you. It sounds like a fun social event. Kind of like cooking. You can do recipes out of a book, but it's a lot more fun to make a night of it with a group of people. We can learn a lot from the internet or books, but developing how to apply comes from social interaction. Counting and cooking can be a science but it's so much better when it's an art.

Sounds like fun. Especially the Rounders part. That movie and the pocket cam turned poker from a game to a (inter)national phenomenom.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.