1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Number of guests in a room?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by CamSTAR, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CamSTAR

CamSTAR Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sooo - getting away for 3 days with my son since he's missing our family vacation due to an internship that he has this Summer. Trying to save every nickel, what are the chances of getting caught putting 4 people in a room when only 2 are registered?

Thanks!

2. ecanem

ecanem Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4? I don't think there will be an issue with 4. We are putting 8 in one but it's also the 2BR sky suite.

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There isn't any way for them to know unless you tell them.

Even if the maid came by and saw 4 people in the room she won't know if thats how many people are staying in the room or if its just two of you and the other two are staying in another room/somewhere else and just visiting.

4. sabinomarine

sabinomarine Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4 will be no problem. 7 or 8 and up in a normal sized room takes some coordination.

5. Imperial_Palace_King

Imperial_Palace_King High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just don't walk up to check in with all four people. Asking for four keys might tip them off as well. Just be smart about it and you won't have any problems.

6. azlefty

azlefty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We once slept 8 in a standard room at what was then called the Union Plaza, back when we were in college. Smelled like teen spirit. The only people who objected were those on the floor.

7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, just be discreet when checking in and just ask for 2 room keys and ask for another key later, and ask for the 4th a few hours later. Don't ask for separate cots or a third person as they may charge extra for the extra bodies. As long as you don't make a rukus then most of the time they probably won't even notice.

Of course it depends on the hotel you are staying at, some with security at the elevators might question 4 people checking in and walking to the room at the same time so maybe best to go 2 at a time. But then it's still highly unlikely they would bother 4 people because you could just say that you are in adjoining rooms.

8. cha4zz

cha4zz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No problem, we just went back down a couple of times later during the trip to a different person on reception and said that we had lost one of our cards. They just gave us a new card, that way you can also make sure that everyone can get pool access as well.

9. kewidogg

kewidogg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No need to worry at all. I don't think I've ever booked a hotel anywhere and said I had more than 2 people, and almost always do.

You can even ask for more than 2 keys at check-in, just say "we always lose them, could we get 2 backups?". Totally reasonable request.

10. merlin

merlin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your chances of being caught are almost zero as long as your group creates no unusual noise or disturbance. I wouldn't worry about it.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The security person has no idea:
    How many checked into the room
    Or what room you are going to
    or if these are just temporary guests
    of if they are in different rooms

12. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Indeed. Let's not overthink this.

13. mrem3200

mrem3200 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly. Should not be an issue at all.

14. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    which is the bigger infraction, sneaking into a pool or extra people in a room?

15. azlefty

azlefty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as you are not at one of the party pools that charge separate admission, they usually don't care about that either. If anything, they are usually worried about crowds, lack of chairs, security and/or safety rather than merely freeloading. After all, the pool is another profit center. They sell cocktails and rent inflatable rafts, etc. Anyone who tries to get towels will need a room key but most places will give one person as many as they reasonably need. Some of them check for a room key when you walk in but others don't. The Bellagio seems strict for example, and I think the pool monitor has a computer to sign people in. On the other hand, the Orleans is self policing with a slot for your room key.

If it is off season or a weekday at a place like that, i wouldn't worry too much about it.

16. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Ah ha, the old situational ethics-type question that so sets VMB aflame. :wink2:

17. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My vote is for sneaking people into the pool. Having more people in your room does not impact me. There is a small chance that bringing in a dozen people to the pool might affect me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.