1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Now That Victorian Cafe in Bills is closed....

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Wanger1969, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are my dining options mid strip at all hours? I loved this cafe for their 24/7 breakfast, because there is never a bad time to eat some bacon and eggs. Their prices were very reasonable and it was usually not too difficult to get a table. I'm one sad girl.

We'll be staying at The Quad in April, so I am in need of some alternatives. I prefer a sit down place, a variety menu with breakfast served at any times. Price doesn't really matter too much, but being less than $20 per person would be nice. Even some ideas that aren't mid strip would be great too. I just feel lost without the Victorian Cafe. It felt like home. :cry:

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the Sugar Factory at Paris is 24 hours. We had breakfast there last trip & it was really good. There is also Planet Dailies at PH....I think they have a limited breakfast menu anytime. Ellis Island has killer breakfasts 24 hours and is just more than a block off LVB.... Good luck!

3. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are staying at the Quad- there is a Hash House a Go-Go in there.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  4. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dead serious I had a great meal late night at Flamingo cafe in November. I haven't ever had a bad meal there but I wasn't sure with a limited late night menu if it would be ok. they had a special steak & eggs meal quite cheap. It was excellent. Service was a bit slow but beverage refills etc. was good.

5. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second the Tropical Breeze in Flamingo. We actually left the Victorian Cafe last year when we realised Tropical Breeze was cheaper. Who'd a thought that? Again can't beat Ellis Island either for breakfast and if you've put twenty dollars through the slots the day before you can play free bingo at 9am weekdays. We paid about ten dollars for bacon, eggs, hash browns, toast, jelly and tea. Very good value. I have a feeling that included tip as well. Was very unhappy with Hash House, the eggs had to go back as they tried to tell me that over medium was literally raw, once was bad enough but to bring them out again raw was just too much. They actually argued with me that they were right and over medium was nearly all the white runny as well as the yolk. Yuck.

Tropical Breeze has a bar area and if there is a line to get in you can walk right past and go sit at the bar and order if there are seats available.

There is also an excellent Deli at the Hilton timeshare behind the Flamingo pool which does great breakfast rolls whilst open, not 24 hours though. Early morning until 10pm I believe.

Corinne

6. volfaninbama

volfaninbama High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hash House A-go-go is going 24/7 these days would be my choice.

7. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ellis Island. Bally's Mexican place (not sure of the name).

8. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Avoid Sugar Factory at all costs. Way overpriced and terrible food. Not at all what you're looking for to replace Victorian Room. Ellis Island is the nearest similar diner.

9. shokhead

shokhead I'm no big spender!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sugar Factory has been fine everytime I've been there. Not out of this world but ok for sure.

Here we go again!
  10. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, maybe it was all the photos of Nicki Minaj, Britney Spears and Kim Kardashian that turned my stomach and made the food seem cold, greasy and gross. LOL

11. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten at SF once and thought is was alright, but love it or hate it, I would never compare it to The Victorian Room at Bills. Apples and Oranges in my opinion. Very different atmospheres.

Bills was our go-to for late night drunken eggs, I'm gonna miss that place.

Vegas Just Because...
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.