1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Nov/Dec 4Q offer

Discussion in 'Comps' started by mwig, Oct 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My offer came today and is unchanged. $200 free play, 3 nights, food other than Hugos. I was fearing a reduction due to the new comp accrual but so far so good.

2. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our offers came today and they have changed.

Mine is $200 free play, 3 nights, no food.

QQs is $300 free play, 3 nights, $50 food.

A few weeks ago we got letters granting us $60 and $100 comp dollars respectively.

Is your offer the usual Magnolia's/Chicago Brewing with no stated limit?

3. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looked at the offer more closely. Free play and room are intact. Food component is gone. That is the change. I got the $60 comp letter as well so I guess they will be using comp balance to cover food. Definite downgrade on that change. My previous food allowance was around $90 per day between the restaurants and I don't play enough to get the same value out of the new system.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not surprisingly, it looks like we are one step away from no offers. We each got a BOGO offer for rooms and I got $20 in FP. $25 Sun-Thur and $55 for Fri & Sat.

Plan on watching the Packer/Carolina game at Chi Brew Co on the 19th, so dollar VP for 4 hours hopefully boosts my offers back up.

I noticed they have added a sentence to the offer. "This free room will not come off your comp dollars". I don't pay attention to my points at 4Q and haven't used any in ~5 years. Can I still cash them in for cash, free play or only comp dollars, which I really have no use for since all our food is comped at Boyd? We'll be there before Nov 1st, if that matters.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  5. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should be able to get your accumulated cash back and I'm guessing that will be a nice amount. Their cash back rate is generous. We cash out every trip. I've read about people losing CB due to ownership changes etc. and that wouldn't shock me with 4Q one of these years. We typically have about $50 each trip.

6. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me: 2 free nights and $80 in free play (10-12 hours a year 25c VP at Chicago Brew Co plus 2-4 hours of slots). I also got the slot tourney invite Nov 14-16 - 3 nights, tourney entry, breakfast, cake, and gift.

Husband: BOBO nights and $20 free play (3-4 hours a year 25c VP at Chicago Brew Co)

edited to add: We have only stayed there once, haven't taken the free rooms since. Maybe that makes a difference.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  7. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me: BOGO nights and $20 free play for about 9 hours of 25c VP. This is new for me, never had an offer before. Last month I was playing dollars but I don't think it was in time for this offer.

Husband: 2 free nights and $80 in free play for approx. 12-16 hours $1 VP on a previous trip. That's a drop from 3 nights before and sometimes free food. He also got the letter with a $40 comp offer.

Husband often got free food at Magnolia's and Chicago Brew Club but we rarely use more than $20. I'm liking this new system as we'd gladly give up free meals at Magnolia's and CBC for a good meal at Hugo's.

Joe - if they still honor the cash back for points on your card, you may be a winner already if you haven't cashed out ever. Don't know how it is now, but it used to be you could ask for a cheque and then cash it at the cashier's cage. We did that once for $150 when we were taking a trip to the Grand Canyon and it never had an effect on future offers.

8. Royal Flusher

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting info. Glad to see there are still tournaments. We haven't seen a tournament offer in a couple of months though, and used to get all of the slot, and VP tournaments. Haven't seen a tournament offer for November, that's for sure. I wonder if we are cut off from those?

Joe - slot points are separate from comp dollar points. AFAIK the only thing your slot points are good for is cashback. My view on cashback is that it should be taken at the end of every trip. There are three things that can happen in future 1) nothing 2) they will increase the amount of cashback per point (BWAAAHAHA never ever gonna happen) 3) they will reduce the value of cashback per point 4) they will confiscate or expire your points at some juncture 5) how many is 3??

I can't see any upside to not taking the cash, but I can see a definite possible downside.

Any idea how many points you have?

9. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the same offer as last time. BOGO, and $40 in FP. But, I haven't gone back since I got the last one. Hoping to get a better offer after my next stay.

10. tom.mckenzie

tom.mckenzie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got my offer - same as Royal Flusher's. If I can get there in Dec., I also have the $60 comp kick start for my comp account. I have a $25 gift card someone gave me, plus I can use my geezer discount at Magnolia's to try and build up my comp account a little bit.

11. Royal Flusher

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL at Geezer Discount.

Do we know yet if the comp dollars accrued at FQ can be used at Binions and vice-versa? It would be great to have more restaurant options with those comp $$s !

12. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Late with this reply. No idea on my points and I've searched the 4Q site and can't locate anywhere to get totals, unlike B Connected.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
    Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  13. mwig

mwig High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No way to get the point info online. Pretty sure the 4Q web site was set up in the late 80's via their aol connection. :thumbsup:

14. Royal Flusher

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BWAAAHAHA!

Yeah, they could use a refresh, although maybe they are going for the retro crowd with those 8-bit arcade sound effects.

15. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They could at least update it for a N64 age, and have 16bit. But, yeah, they need an update badly to include more info.

16. kiwiboy1

kiwiboy1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife has cashed out Binions points and used at Magnolias. She had to see a host to do it.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.