1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Nov 6-9 SEMA Trip Report

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by VDMTom, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

First time doing this, hopefully the right way..
    This is the second time in Vegas this month. :evillaugh

November 6
    - 7:10pm departure from SJC Airport - After two time delays :nono:
    - Get to Vegas 8:30pm, take a cab to where I'll be staying as my Aria Host comp'd my room.
    - Streets were a mad house all week as it was SEMA week (Automotive convention)
    - Put bags away and went downstairs to play DD Blackjack for a bit, was up $600 in about 15 mins.
    - Spent a 2-3 hours walking around and meeting up with friends
    - 1 am was approaching and my friends and I went to grab dinner at Planet Hollywood, nothing fancy there, just Earl's Sandwich.
    - It was around 11pm, I was up $2975..
    [​IMG]

then worst move I made this trip happened next..

November 7-8
    - 2 am came around I started to play DD BJ and Single Deck at PH
    - Running on zero sleep.. By 6 am, I lost about $3,000 + loaned my coworker $1000.. thinking WTF as I walked back to Aria and went up to bed for 2 hours then off to SEMA 2013
    - Went to my meetings at 8:30 am and did a partial walk around the buildings.
    - 1 pm came by and it was off to Lotus of Siam for a quick vendor lunch.
    - Took a cab back to ARIA to sleep for 2 hours, then back to convention center for a 30 mins meeting at 4pm..
    - As soon as I finished the meeting, it was back to ARIA to play DD BJ and FREE BET BJ.
    - Had dinner at Aria Cafe that night as I was too tired to get out of the hotel.
    - Aria DD BJ killed me around 2 am by taking another $1,400 from my bankroll
    - Decided it was time to drink up and just enjoy good company for tonight/this morning.
    - Went to bed around 8 am with my head spinning at like 100 mph. :confused2:

November 8-9 - The Action Days
    - Woke up around 11 am, my friend went to Bank of America in Chinatown for more $$$$ as he was down a few hundreds and ATM limit was not enough..
    - Got the $1000 back and went to play Free Bet Blackjack at Aria..
    Result after 45 mins:
    [​IMG]

- Went to SEMA show again around 12pm, took 45 mins from Aria :rolleyes2:
    - Stayed all day to take photos for coverage and had more meetings..
    - Left around 5 pm, the plan was to go to Caesars for dinner at the Bacchanal Buffet, went there, line was too long.. Took a cab to Cosmo for Wicked Spoon. Turned out to be awesome, love how they had scallops dish and octopus salad.
    - 11 pm approached us and my boss text me and stated he was playing at PH, so I went there to play some more DD BJ and just to hang out.
    - Started playing with him at the $15 min table, I tend to stick to $50+ tables, after playing my average of $150-200 for 5 hands, the dealer told me to go play at the higher table to my left as the people were f'ing up my hands.
    - Having listened to her, I went to play at the $25 min table cause the dealer was cute :ssst:
    - After 30 mins, I was up $850 and my boss started to play here..
    - At about 3am, I was up $1500, thinking man.. if only this can be more!
    [​IMG]
    - Went back to the original table to tip the dealer that recommended me to leave the table. She was trilled I was winning :)
    - 4 am approached me and I was the only one left playing, doubled my $300 bet (I got 6 and 5) and got a picture! 21 baby! Feeling good, I pressed more and more..
    - 6 am and came 3 attractive girls to the table with good bank roll, we all got a few drinks and just joking around, two of the girls spilled two of their drinks on them and me.. oops, tips make everything better right? :thumbsup: Ended up exchanging #s and it seems like we'll be going to meet up in SoCal soon.
    - I was on fire and pressed on when I was on a streak that seemed almost never ending.
    - Went to bed around 8 am with $6000 in cash..
    [​IMG]

November 9
    - Woke up at 10 am, feeling REALLY GOOD and happy...
    - Had a meeting at Aria Buffet at 11 am, it was good & productive.
    - Went down and played some more at Aria FREE BET Blackjack as my departure flight back home (Thank goodness) was 3:45pm..

- Ended up the trip with $6900.. Brought $4,600.
    At PH, after playing $200-300 average, the pit boss said I will be contacted on Monday regarding an assigned Host. :) I feel bad I didn't give Mlife/Aria that much play, but I'm glad I won at PH.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a great way to do a Vegas conference and pleasure! Congrats and thanks for sharin' nice Job!

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice work!

4. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice comeback and great pics of the cash and checks! :peace:

Annual Golf Trip
  5. sammowhammo

sammowhammo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome trip - Sounds like you will be back soon :beer:

6. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep.. Dec 13-15 :)

Thanks!

7. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hell yeah awesome trip! congrats on the big swing!

8. Tbone3336

Tbone3336 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the trip report, and the gambling details. Congrats on a winning trip as well, nothing better than having as much fun as it sounded you had and winning more money than you went with!

9. Guy

Guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any pictures of any motorcars? :)

10. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on a decent win!
    I was curious...how the eff are you only a GOLD card, if you play at those levels?!
    (or do you only go to Vegas once a year?)

Palace Tower Suite!
  11. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Currently editing :)

I'm an MLIFE player as I like Aria, CET properties aren't my thing, but guess it seems to have changed this trip. Only the second time I played at any CET properties. Only 500 Tier left to reach Diamond.. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.