1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Not sure if I am correctly interpreting M-Life credits

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Hyler, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyler

Hyler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been awhile since I've been in the Vegas game. I love the city, but life has been hectic and inconvenient the past few years, so my trips have been minimal to non-existent. First off, yes, I have used the search function here. I'm not so much asking for information, rather that I'm just interpreting it correctly.

So, the M-Life program works on points. 25,000 will give me Pearl which doesn't seem too desirable, but has it's perks. 75,000 though, will get me Gold which looks great. Early check in, late check out, skip the check in crowd, buffet line passes, and possible upgrades to the room selection.

Gaming aside, I've read that $1 spent on lodging, dining, services (basically anything that you can't win back or take home with you, ie gaming and shopping) will give you 25 points. So in theory, I really only need to spend $3000 (or less when factoring in whatever gaming points which can offset that) in a given year between the hotel, food, experiences to hit the Gold tier?

Ideally, I'd like to be going to Vegas once every couple months, so a sub-3000 number for Gold seems easily hit with Platinum status not far out of reach either. When I had been there in the past years ago, I was under the impression it was only gaming that gives you points, whereas most of my Vegas money was spent on rooms and dining, so I guess I'm saying I'm a bit in shock they give you so many points for not gaming.

With all that said, am I interpreting this correctly? If I set aside $3000 per year for vacation funds (assuming the bulk of that goes to MGM Resorts) I'll have gold status?

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, but don't overestimate what Gold gets you. the line pass is about the only thing worthwhile. everything else is based on availability and it's often not available. room upgrade is minimal at best. there have been many threads on here from people with Gold wondering where the benefit is.

3. Hyler

Hyler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do the people who hold Platinum accounts feel the same way? The only reason I zeroe'd in on gold was I felt I was already well beyond that level's requirements (if I go back to my usual Vegas ways that is) and that Platinum only really had the taxi line perk in addition. With some splurging, more dining and less shopping I might be able to pull the next tier, but won't bother if the room upgrades are just as minimal and everything else is just as often not available.

Not getting my hopes up too soon though, as I know I won't see any benefits for the first year while I would be building up credits.

4. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only use the buffet and taxi line.

otherwise "late check out" and upgrades are not really that special.

if you go to vegas "that" often I don't think a view holds much "value"

fk

5. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Platinum is pretty much the same thing, especially if you don't gamble since one of the few real benefits is a higher bonus on point play and express comps. I haven't really tried for an upgrade but I think I got one last time which was just the same suite I was booked in but a higher floor. Just about anything slightly more favorable is considered an upgrade, e.g. better view, higher floor, etc. If you have visions of booking a regular room and getting upgraded to a nice suite because of your tier just forget about it. I use the turndown service which is a listed benefit but kind of silly since I used to get turndown service prior to MLife and it was free at the nicer hotels anyway. You also get a free cruise with Platinum or NOIR. You can find threads in the Comps section discussing those. Net net though it's definitely not worth chasing any of these tiers by using resort spend, but of course make sure to get any credit for resort spend you're doing anyway.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.