1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Nook HD for 14 yr old

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by weluvvegas, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Dec 31, 2003
    Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi guys! Hope your holiday season so far is going well...I'm trying to tie up the rest of my shopping here within the next week or so. I've been so busy I've hardly been on the boards lately.

Maybe you can help -- I was considering getting a Nook HD for my 14 year old son. I have a Nook Color and I love it -- it's just right for why I need it. I'm a magazine addict. My son isn't a huge reader but I think he would enjoy the mobility of the tablet and be able to bring it to school with him as an alternative to bringing his bulkier laptop.

My concern is that the Nook has a vast and expansive library of ....err....erotic-type books. Some of them are pretty graphic and not anything I really want my kid reading. If you search for "free" books...they are some of the first titles that come up. I know in today's world I can't keep my kids away from ALL the bad stuff but at least I can while he's in my house. Yes, his cable box and his laptop are under "parental control" LOL

For those of you I know I can password protect purchases on the Nook but is there any way to set it so that those titles don't show up at all? I'm on the fence about purchasing this just for this one reason.

Thanks so much!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.