1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NOOB questions - Terry Fator, Mlife card, MORE buffet, etc - please advise!

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by kpaulson, Nov 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kpaulson

kpaulson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, fiance and I are going to Vegas in December for our honeymoon...I have a boatload of questions...here's the sccenario:

Spending 4 nights at Excalibur - couldn't pass up the deal - $161 TOTAL for 4 nights....
    Have tickets to Tournament of Kings already - couldn't pass up that deal either, scored a B1G1 for a total of $73
    (If you haven't guessed already we are on a super tight budget! :))

Want to see Believe - all dates are blacked out for the myvegas rewards - Anyone know of any good deals going on between the 19th and 23rd of December?? (all the good ones seem to end on Dec 18)

Want to do the High Roller but can't find any good cheap tickets yet (I know it's not part of Myvegas)

Want to see Terry Fator - there are 2 options for rewards at myvegas....one for standard companion ticket, one for premium ticket - QUESTION!! Will there be an option for a completely free set of tickets, or ONE free ticket WITHOUT buying one if I level higher? Currently I am level 75 at myvegas...at level 60 a completely free ticket for Believe opened up, so hoping at level 80, 100, 120 Terry Fator will open up??

Have set of free tickets for Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay...QUESTION - says I have to show them Mlife card to redeem, I have an Mlife number but I don't have a card - I signed up online...SOOOOO, when I go there, do I tell them my number and get a card that has the same number or will I end up with a different card/number? And if it is different than the one I already have, will it mess things up - like my hotel reservation and any rewards trying to redeem??

Have set of tickets for free buffet at MORE (Luxor) - QUESTION - says you have to have a 1 night reservation at any MGM property - assuming Excalibur is an MGM property so this should be okay, yes??

Thank you!!

2. Darvin

Darvin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People lose their players clubs cards all the time, so if you just go to an MLife desk with some ID and your number they will gladly print you a new card with your existing number on it. As with all MyVegas rewards read the redemption rules carefully some require no stay at an MGM property, some require one night at any property and some are specific to the property where the reward will be redeemed.

While planning ahead is good, there are coupons and same day deals all over Vegas so keep some flexibility in your plans

3. kpaulson

kpaulson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you :) Was hoping to get Believe tickets the day of for a cheaper rate, so good to know there are deals and coupons :)

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Terry Fator only has companion tickets available.
    Staying at Excalibur meets that requirement :thumbsup:

5. judy

judy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Noob (love that name) you can check on this message board under shows and search under Believe for hints and cheaper show tickets- also recommendations for good seats ! i have seen them at tix4tonight also but rare: Groupon. You can find good deals on other circque shows if you join cirque club also. That is a slow time of year so there should be deals. Look ahead of time for days the show is not performing (dark days). Have a back up plan-recommend Zumanity for a honeymoon show.:eek: Enjoy and congrats!

6. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only myVegas rewards for tickets for Terry Fator are a standard companion (5,000 LP) and premium companion (10,000 LP) ticket. There are no free tickets at any level.

My recommendation would be to pay see the Blue Man Group at Monte Carlo.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    New Orleans 7* retreat. Food, food, and more food . . . .
    Tentatively Tahoe or LV . . . .
  7. pikabu

pikabu Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check Groupon and Travelzoo for discounts for the High Roller.

8. kpaulson

kpaulson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you very much :) Will go ahead and spend my points then :) :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you :) Unfamiliar with both of them, will look into them shortly :)

9. kpaulson

kpaulson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the information :) Was thinking about the tix4tonight option, but as this will be my first time in Vegas am not 100% sure how to go about most of this. :) Will check out Zumanity, have read good things about that as well. :) Joined the cirque club, as well as about 100 other clubs so hopefully will come across some good stuff. :) Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me!!

10. bigpatpunisher

bigpatpunisher Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are other threads about T4T, but they're a discount ticket broker with several booths along the strip. Closest one to Excalibur is the Showcase mall, by the giant Coke bottle, next to MGM. You can probably find similar prices online (Travelzoo, Goldstar, Groupon, etc.), but they're a good option once you're there. Be aware that not every show and time is available through them, however.

Once you have their players cards and are on mailing lists, you'll eventually get better offers in the future.

Keep in mind that all shows have different dark days (days off), so even though you're there four days, you'll need to consider that when picking shows.

I'll throw a suggestion in for Carrot Top . Hilarious act, and his tickets will be less compared to Cirque shows.

11. npom

npom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you buy tickets for Believe get the cheapest ones available. If the audience is small they will move people down closer to the stage. We went in August and had the seats way up top and were moved down to the second row.

12. npom

npom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check lasvegasadvisor.com for show deals.

13. pac1971

pac1971 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the More buffet this time in Vegas for dinner since I stayed at the Luxor. It was just ok. All the basics were there and it was nice to be able to refill your own drinks instead of waiting for a server. I really liked the buffet at Mandalay Bay though..ate there 3 times for breakfast!

The More buffet and one of the Mandalay buffets were both MyVegas comps. Just go to the Mlife desk before you head to the buffet to get it loaded on your card.

14. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep an eye on smartervegas.com and vegas.com for show deals. I think I got my Terry Fator tickets for 40% off, can't remember where the deal came from though. A lot of places put deals up on Facebook too, so go and like The Mirage and Terry Fator there.

You can get Carrot Top tickets through myVegas and they're really good seats. I got them back in February and we were in the first row right in the center.

15. kpaulson

kpaulson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the information :) Yeah we have been considering the blackout nights...so for Believe we could only do Friday or Saturday, already have tickets for Sunday's Tournament of Kings, which leaves Monday for Terry Fator and that works because he's blacked out Friday, Saturday and Sunday...thought about Carrot Top and that's a possibility as well :) Thank you for the suggestions!!

16. LuckyMeAlso

LuckyMeAlso Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am at level 294 and there is no option for free ticket(s) to Terry Fator. I am also hoping
    they open that up at some point. There used to be an option to get a free ticket about
    a year ago, then his tickets dropped off.

17. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am over level 1500 and no, it doesn't open up.

New Orleans 7* retreat. Food, food, and more food . . . .
    Tentatively Tahoe or LV . . . .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.