1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Non Vegas bed bug saga

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Christmas
  2. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Judge is going to throw that suit out so fast it'll make your head spin.

3. Kickin

Kickin Flea

The really stupid thing is they admit the room DID have bed bugs. All they're accomplishing with this lawsuit is bringing national attention to the incident. Very bad form for a service oriented business to sue someone over a negative review but even more so when they admit they did have this problem.

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The hotel is breaking the first rule of damage control... Don't Do Anymore Damage!

5. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, they can admit it, then apologize and promise to fix it. And then leave it at that.

Why sue them after admitting they did have bed bugs? That's the stupid part.

6. Mitkraft

Mitkraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the very defenition of a punitive lawsuit (I don't think that's the right term but my media law class was way too long ago). They are trying to prevent someone from doing something perfectly legal and within their rights by burdening them with legal fees even though they know they can't win. There were laws created for this back when entities used this tactic on reporters and media outlets just to shut them up. With a good lawyer this guy could win not only his legal fees but punitive damages from the hotel.

However IANAL.

7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I post all the time on TA. the poster just posted his bedbug situation on TA. if the hotel has to use that as an excuse for losing business then they have a more serious problem on their hands. if they spent as much energy trying to rid the hotel of the bedbug problem then they wouldn't have to worry about losing business in the first place.

Bringing on this lawsuit will only advertise to others that they have a bedbug problem and are more interested in frivolous lawsuits than actually solving the problem.

I'm sure the court will throw out the case once they see the bedbugs on video. the poster had a right to post on TA on his bad experience. It will be up to the hotel to do something about it but chose to file a lawsuit instead. I hope the court fines the hotel for any fees Azoulay incurred by this lawsuit. Hope someone follows up on this case and what the court decision is.

I went to europe in May and June and had a problem at a hotel. I posted it on tripadvisor (hotel Ibis in Amsterdam). less than a day later I was contacted by management where they resolved my problem and also posted on TA that they were concerned and would do everything to handle the problem. Obviously Jaro Hotels and the hotel Quebec do not know what is good PR and what is bad PR as this case will only be a black eye for the hotel and company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.