1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Non gambling comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by hjimzaf, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hjimzaf

hjimzaf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do hotels take into account the money you spend at their property when making free or discounted room offers? In other words, if you charge all your meals and purchases to your room, is that money taken into account? If so, would you guys know which properties do that?

2. tinytim

tinytim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Caesars Properties will credit your total reward card at their stores and restaurants. Some businesses could be leasing space tho, so they may not. Many time I've been asked for my TR card at an on site convenience store.
    not sure about other properties such as MGM or Boyd but I'd ask anyway.
    Tim
    T-15
    Harrah Laughlin YIPEEEEEEEE

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET, MLife and Venetian/Palazzo all give "Tier Credits" for hotel spend.

As you advance your tier, you get hotel perks - line passes, etc. and maybe a one-level room upgrade at some point. At the highest levels, you can get access to lounges with some free food, and maybe a ride to/from the airport.

MLife does offer small discounts based on tier. And CET I think has some sort of annual freebie event for its top tier.

But you are not going to get fully comped offers just based on hotel spend.

It's kind of circular logic - if you go and are willing to spend but aren't gambling, then they figure you're already willing to pay, so why should they give you a free room? At the same time, they know gamblers demand free rooms.

4. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if the are considered but recommend charging what ever you can to the room. Our last trip was 3 nights comped and were to pay for the 4th. We ended up getting that last night comped and about 1/2 our meals.

If we didn't charge the meals to the room they wouldn't had anything else to comp for us other than just the room.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

As others have said, you can get some "points" for other money spent.

But, get an offer based on that? I have never heard it even remotely mentioned. I doubt you could spend enough for it to matter, unless of course you were paying for a large group. Even then, I doubt it.

6. hjimzaf

hjimzaf Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only reason I ask is because I haven't paid for a room at Wynn/Encore since 2007. We're not big gamblers at all, but we do drop money at the restaurants, spa, shopping, etc, on every trip. We get mailers and email offers all the time, so I figured either the economy is really hitting Vegas hard, or they kept inviting us back because a free room was a good exchange for guaranteed money spent on property.

7. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wynncore started the trend. They were the first to say that they wanted to track all purchases but I don't think that they have been clear on how purchases translates into the Red Card program.

8. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, and M Life and Harrah's have been giving tier credits for hotels, shows, shopping, etc. for what, less than a year now?

They clearly are interested in people's other spending habits as well, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear that some big spenders get offers - but I haven't read anything online about something like that happening yet (the programs are pretty new after all, but you never know what their data mining will come up with).

9. Bookoo1

Bookoo1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you have to speak to a host? Or did they just remove the charges themselves.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.