1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Non-Apple tablet recs?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by HoyaHeel, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dean_1492

dean_1492 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is far too difficult to get back to the home screen or to the menu.

2. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I personally use a Toshiba Thrive 10" Android tablet(1gHz dual core NVidia processor). It does its job. HD screen. Full usb port, full HDMI port and expandable memory. It was a great deal for the price a couple years back. The only thing that sucks about it is that it is a little bulkier than some of the newer tablets. I only use it for traveling so I don't have to lug my 17" laptop with me.

Really as others have mentioned it comes down to what you need it for. Personally I believe neither android nor apple iOS software can truly replace a PC as of yet, but they are getting there slowly but surely. They can do a lot and are great for portability but they can't run all software, java, etc(like up until recently there wasn't an app for quicken). Windows 8 tablet might be the way to go if you are looking to replace you computer completely.

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, neither of us are looking to replace a computer. I believe I mentioned that for work trips or other trips where I need to work, I'll take my lightweight laptop that has full programs of everything I need. This would be for entertainment, internet, and photos storage during travel (and to take to meetings, for my husband to use at home when he's away from his desktop) I don't even think he'd do photo manipulation but if he could load Lightroom he might:peace: He might wait and get the new Lenovo Yoga, but his needs are different from mine.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.