1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

No trip report yet, just one restaurant review of Andiamo's at the D!

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by PrincessaMyron, Jan 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessaMyron

PrincessaMyron Low-Roller

As posted on yelp.com and I hope it's ok just to paste it here!

So very disappointed by the food here. The ambiance was classy, quiet and sophisticated. The service by our waiter and his supporting cast members was top notch. Refills frequent, unobtrusive plate clearing and prompt bill delivery all made the experience above average on the service front.

The food. Meh. Not even on par with the chain steakhouses. We had a party of seven and were seated promptly at the time of our reservation. Two of us started with the Caesar salad, to be prepared table side. We were in an alcove, with a very large party just outside, so our waiter explained, when delivering the salads, that the table side preparation wasn't possible due to the space constraints. Salad was huge romaine leaves, sharp, pungent shreds of Parmesan cheese and a very bland dressing, devoid of any identifiable flavors.

Two in our party ordered the roast chcken, which was served in a red wine sage sauce, which they reported to be delish. The chicken, however, was overcooked, dry and flavorless. Disappointment for both.

Hubby just got the oysters on the half-shell appetizer as he wasn't that hungry. Said they were ok; however, later that night he appeared to have gotten food poisoning and was ill the next 24 hours. Not sure where it came from, but this is a possibility.

Two in our party ordered the filet mignon, with zip sauce. No idea what is in the zip sauce but it added nothing to the flavor. For $39 it was not something that was amazing enough to order again.

I opted for the chopped steak, with zip sauce. I normally don't expect a huge "meat eating steak experience" when ordering this entree, and that's what I got. There was pieces of gristle ground into the patty, and once I encountered two or three, I was done....grossed out and done!

Can't remember what the last person ordered, but again, it was unremarkable.

As we were with several guests we had never met, I was not comfortable sharing our disappointment with the manager as we left. I intended to email my concerns upon my return; however, I cannot locate a contact email address for this establishment.

If you are looking for a semi-fancy, relaxed pace dining experience, this place delivers. If you desire an above average culinary experience, make another choice.

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I have eaten there 6 times last year and didn't have any problems.

I have had:

oysters (each time)
    lobster bisque (three times)
    Tomahawk ribeye (twice)
    Surf and Turf
    several different side dishes
    several desserts

Did you mention any of this to the management? They are very attentive and needed to hear about this.

New Orleans 7* retreat. Food, food, and more food . . . .
    Tentatively Tahoe or LV . . . .
  3. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the review Princess. I felt the same way after eating there. In my comments last year I mentioned the bland food as well, specifically the ceasar salad. It was very disappointing and lacking in flavor. I had the filet as well and while it was a decent steak, it was just average, nothing special for the price. The zip sauce tastes like a soya sauce base so doesn't add an extra taste to the steak that I was looking for. The sauce was flavorful but if you dip your steak in soya sauce, you can no longer taste the steak so it seems rather pointless to me. The dried onion bits on top of the steak can be found at some fast food burger places. That actually detracted from the steak for me.

Andiamo gets lots of love on this board so I thought it was just me and my tastebuds. Good to hear I'm not alone in my review. Personally, I still prefer Hugo's at 4 Queen's.

DSCN3453.jpg DSCN3448.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.