1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

No offers yet!!!!

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by tominiowa, Nov 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a little disappointed but as of today I have no offers on 2 houses I put on the market shortly after 1st of November. I know
    that isn't many days but thought the Henderson home might get fast action. The North Las Vegas house I figured would be slower.
    Granted the realtor listed it higher than what I thought and might have something to do with it. But she is the expert and we went
    with her listing price. I also know this isn't ideal time to sell a house around holidays also. No big threat though , if the North Las Vegas
    house doesn't sell in the next 2 months I am putting it back into rental status. I am confident the Henderson house will sell, just not sure
    of the final price. Maybe someone will low ball me and that will make me feel better.

Keep you all informed if you are interested

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  2. TomTWI

TomTWI High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I offer $15,000 on the Henderson property! Do you feel better now? Just kidding good luck with the sales.

I track Condo sales in SW area and still see pretty good activity with closing price within about 95% of asking. It's all very unscientific it just gives me a feel for the market. Normally activity will slow down this time of year and start picking up in January. On our most recent trip we saw several new home developments in the $250 to $350 range near us. Not sure how many homes this evolves but must be a couple hundred new homes coming online.

TomTWI

3. slick 17

slick 17 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are you asking for the Henderson property? Who is the realtor

4. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One month on the market and not a single offer. Of course the realtor is already crying about lowering the asking price.
    I said no, she did comps and insisted on these prices even though I thought a little lower. Her contract ends Jan 15
    and then we will rent out the North Las vegas one and re sign the Henderson home with another realtor more in that area.

5. vegas.vacation

vegas.vacation Newbie

There are so many realtors here it won't be hard to replace that.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014
  6. user3657

user3657 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What do you plan on charging per month?

7. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1400-1500/month depending on length of rent lease. that includes weekly pool service, lawn maintenance and all HOA fees
    it is 2100 sq feet with 4 bedrooms ( 2 are master bedrooms) all appliances furnished

8. NickyDim

NickyDim VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are the boss. If you want to drop your price to one that you feel will sell, insist.

1400/1500 seems a bit high for that monthly rental. We just had to lower our monthly rental for a 3 bedroom 1800 sqft to 1150, from 1275 because they were set to move. Rental saturation from the last investment boom(2011-13) is the reason.

Also a influx of new foreclosures and short sales hit the market in the last 6 months hurting sales prices via saturation. The prices of homes have been near stagnant or even declined a bit in the last qtr.

<iframe name='ifrm' class='embedcodeifrm' id='ifrm' height='540' marginHeight='0' src='http://www.realtytrac.com/StatsAndTrends/FCActivityEmbedRTChart/ForeclosureActivity_city:Las+Vegas%2c+NV' frameBorder='0' width='640' marginWidth='0' scrolling='no'></iframe>

9. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    pools add 100-150 esp with paid service. 4 bedrooms versus 3 adds another 100- 2oo , so I would say we are close to same

10. ajonate

ajonate Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to zillow.com my house has lost about 10% of it value in the past 6 or 8 months, and a lot of that was lost during the summer months which is considered the best time to sell. The real estate market is not doing well right now.

11. craiger122003

craiger122003 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where in N Las Vegas is your home roughly? And how much is the price on it? Sale price and rental?

12. ajonate

ajonate Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    South of Cheyenne not far from Civic Center. Zillow sales price is $57K and estimated rent is $890.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.